7.4

2006 Toyota Sequoia seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Toyota Sequoia:

2006 Toyota Sequoia Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Jan 312006

Takata air bag recall

- Poulsbo, WA, USA

Jun 162015

Sequoia

The contact owns a 2006 Toyota Sequoia. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V285000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not availiable.

- Rocky Top, TN, USA

Sep 072015

Sequoia

The contact owns a 2006 Toyota Sequoia. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V286000 (air bags) and stated that the part was not available within a reasonable time frame to schedule the recall repair. The dealer did not give a specific date for when the part would become available. The manufacturer could not provide an estimated date for when the vehicle would receive the recall repair. The contact was not experiencing a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Baltimore, MD, USA

Nov 022015

Sequoia

My vehicle is the subject of a recall for a defective takata airbag inflator. The vehicle was purchased in Arizona a few years ago, and I live in san diego, ca. I have a vacation home in baja California sur, Mexico. I keep the Toyota Sequoia at that home in Mexico, about 900 miles from California. There is a Toyota dealer in san jose del cabo who could make the repair. I do not want to drive the vehicle 1800 miles round trip to the usa in order to have the repair done in the usa. Toyota has refused to allow its dealer in san jose del cabo to make the repair. I would like to have you to require Toyota to repair my vehicle purchased in the United States by a U.S. citizen in Mexico.

- La Jolla, CA, USA

May 132015

Sequoia

The contact owns a 2006 Toyota Sequoia. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V285000 (air bags) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Farmsville, OH, USA

Jul 082015

Sequoia 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2006 Toyota Sequoia. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V286000 (air bags); however, the part needed to perform the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Updated 02/05/16

- Hudson, WI, USA

Jul 152015

Sequoia

Toyota is recalling passenger airbags due to faulty takata airbag in which metal fragments may deploy with the air bag. Our vehicle is one of the recalled vehicles and I received notice in June/July 2015 with a recommendation not to have any passenger in the front passenger seat. It is now Oct. And no replacement airbags have yet been made available. This is our primary vehicle and months have passed without resolution of this safety problem. This is unsatisfactory and more needs to be done to remedy this problem in a shorter amount of time.

- Marion, IA, USA

Oct 062015

Sequoia

I received a letter in August stating there is a defect in my passenger air bag. They told me not to put a passenger in the front seat. It's October and they still don't have the parts. This is my only car and need all my seats. I don't know what else to do. I need all my passenger seats.

- Lancaster, CA, USA

Jul 252015

Sequoia 8-cyl

Received a recall notice involving passenger seat air bag shrapnel upon activation. Toyota recommend no one ride in passenger seat until repaired. After making numerous calls about followup, no solution was forthcoming. No timeline when parts will be available for repair (they don't even have any)!!! that was almost 4 mo. Ago and still no info. From Toyota. I called Toyota again today (10/6/2015) and the story was the same except a Toyota representative did state the air bag could possibly activate at any time without impact. Toyota stated in their recall that the shrapnel could cause fatal injuries to occupants!!!! I would like to know what is being done to protect the citizens who own these potential death traps"???? this has been known for months but no one seems to care!!!! I did read that Toyota was offering 35$ for rental car services but nothing was said about that in my recall letter. And that the government had sued Toyota over this. But what about us, the owners of these potential time bombs??? who's helping us???????" thank you

- Lake City, TN, USA

Aug 012015

- Elizabeth, NJ, USA

Aug 032015

- New Bern, NC, USA

Aug 122015

Sequoia

In early August I received a safety recall notice from Toyota about the passenger side airbag being unsafe in our 2006 Sequoia. Apparently this recall has been in effect since June 2015 so I find it unacceptable that we weren't notified until early August. The recall notice recommends that we do not operate the vehicle with an occupant in the front passenger seat until Toyota has fixed the problem. However, Toyota is taking an excessively long time to provide parts for the repair. It is now August 31 and there is still no definitive date set for repairing the problem. Further, Toyota is providing only up to $35/day reimbursement for a loaner vehicle -- which covers only a third to half of what it costs to rent a vehicle of comparable size to our Sequoia. This is unfair and a big inconvenience to our family. I understand that parts availability can take time - but at least provide us with a comparable replacement car at no charge.

- Wilton, CT, USA

Jun 162015

Sequoia

The contact owns a 2006 Toyota Sequoia. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V285000 (air bags) and stated that the part needed was not available to schedule the recall repair appointment within a reasonable timeframe. The dealer did not give a specific date for when the part would become available. The manufacturer was contacted and could not provide an estimated date for when the vehicle would receive the recall repair. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Lake City, TN, USA

May 132015

Sequoia

The contact owns a 2006 Toyota Sequoia. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V285000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. The VIN was not available.

- Bloomington, MN, USA

Dec 012014

Sequoia

I am part of the front passenger seat airbag recall for 2006 Toyota Sequoias. As a consumer, I have known about the defective airbag for almost 12 months and I am just now receiving a letter from Toyota about it. All the letter says is that Toyota is trying to find parts with no further information or date when the airbag will be replaced. In the meantime, Toyota asks me not to have a passenger in the front passenger seat. I believe Toyota has negligently stretched the recall notice long past when the problem was first discovered. Toyota still does not have replacement parts and the recall letter sets no timetable for the repair. The remedy is woefully inadequate to not use the front passenger seat. I know the us government has sued over this airbag issue. When does the actual consumer benefit from a suitable remedy?

- Potomac, MD, USA

Jul 272015

Sequoia

The contact owns a 2006 Toyota Sequoia. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V286000 (air bags) and stated that the part was not available within a reasonable timeframe to schedule the recall repair. The dealer indicated that it may be longer than three weeks for the part to become available. The manufacturer could not provide an estimated date for when the vehicle would receive the recall repair. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Cibolo, TX, USA

Jun 292013

Sequoia

The contact owns a 2006 Toyota Sequoia. The contact stated that while driving approximately 2 mph, the four side air bags erroneously deployed. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was found that the air bag sensors had failed. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was contacted about the failure. The failure mileage was not available.

- Woodbury, MN, USA