1.7

2007 Toyota Sequoia engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Toyota Sequoia:

2007 Toyota Sequoia Owner Comments

Aug 302016

Sequoia

The secondary injection system has failed. Toyota is aware of this defect and has extended the warranty for this issue on 2008-2010 Sequoia. The 2007 has the same engine and same defective parts but Toyota will not cover the replacement. Hey should cover all vehicles with the same engine types because they are all going to have the same issue! this repair can cost the consumer up to $3600. The vehicle makes a loud sound upon starting and the trac and ABS light and check engine light appears. My vehicle is at the dealer but in my opinion Toyota should repair these vehicle free of charge especially if this is a known issue.

- Atlanta, GA, USA

Mar 102015

Sequoia

The secondary injection system has failed at 125K miles. Toyota is a aware of this defect and has extended the warranty for this issue on 2008-2010 Sequoia. The 2007 has the same engine and same defective parts but Toyota will not cover the replacement. This can cost the customer upwards of 3K to fix. Customer satisfaction? not so much. Guess I'll put the money into another vehicle but not a Toyota.

- Belle Isle, FL, USA

Jul 072016

Sequoia

The secondary air injection pump has gone out. This particular component has a know defect issue with Toyota. Toyota extended the warranty on 2008-2010 Sequoias with the exact same engine as my 2007 but they will not cover my vehicle. If they know there is an issue and they are will to extend the warranty of some vehicles, they should cover all vehicles with the same engine types because they are all going to have the same issue! this repair can cost the consumer up to $3600. This is a scam in my opinion.

- Athens, TN, USA

Sep 242014

Sequoia

I was driving on the highway. Suddenly my truck began vibrating harshly. Soon after, the truck stalled out. I had no braking or steering assist at all. The truck wouldn't start so I couldn't pull off to the side of the road. Being stuck in the middle of a busy highway was a frightening experiment. I had it towed to a local independent shop. The service technician found a broken intake valve spring. This is a costly repair for a truck with only 68,000 miles on it.

- Orlando, FL, USA

Mar 012013

Sequoia 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Toyota Sequoia. The contact stated that while driving at various speeds, the traction control and engine warning lights illuminated. The vehicle was not inspected by a dealer or an independent mechanic. The manufacturer was contacted and offered no assistance. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure and current mileages were approximately 62,000.

- Moreno Valley, CA, USA

Jul 252012

Sequoia

While the vehicle was traveling at about 40 mph it suddenly loses engine power and the vehicle becomes hard to steer. Both the vsc off and trac off lights came on. I had to pull to the side and the car died completely. I turned off the car but could not turn it on immediately. I waited for about 5 minutes and tried again and it started up fine, but after I drove for less than half mile the same issue happened again. It happened a total of 6 times within a couple of miles. Since then it's been happening every few days. Took it to my mechanic but they could not pull a code. Searching online it seems this is a common problem that happened to many 1st generation Sequoias.

- Chatsworth, CA, USA