2008 Toyota Sequoia miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Toyota Sequoia:

2008 Toyota Sequoia Owner Comments

Aug 072015

The 2008 Toyota Sequoia only has 35,300 miles on it and while it was in for oil changed and on the rack, the mechanic noticed a severe rusting issue on the frame. The vehicle has severe rust on the frame in particular the rear axle assembly, including the welds that hold the frame together. I am very concerned with the issue of the roads and stress of potholes that the frame and welds could become severely damaged and possibly break off on the road in particular at high speeds. I have never seen rusting this bad since the automobile industries use of recycled metals. I am concerned because of the use of this vehicle to Transport my family.

- Merrick, NY, USA

Sep 212011

At 66,000 miles my Sequoia had engine problem, ( that's what Toyota people said ) I took my truck for maintenance and oil change if I see the light is on for maintenance. Friday Sept 16, 2011 I took it Toyota dealership for oil change and brake pads done, wed the 21 of Sept, I heard a loud noise and it just stop! I was devastated because, they didn't know what have caused it, please help!

- Providence Forge, VA, USA

Mar 222010

We own a 2008 Sequoia. On 3/13/10 the local 1-10 Toyota dealer in indio, ca did the initial "recall fix" on our sequioa. My husband works in anza, ca. On his way home from work he was driving downhill on route 74 (a very treacherous mountain road) and the RPM's on the Toyota increased and when he saw them get over 3000 RPM's he tried to break. The breaks did not work and the RPM's kept rising. He hit the breaks again and they still didn't work. He laid on them the 3rd time and they finally kicked in. When he got home he told me what happened. I immediately called the Toyota dealer and they advised me to bring the car in first thing the following day. We ran into several bad experiences with how the dealer has handled us during the week. They still have the vehicle and today is 3/25/10. We asked them for a full pedal replacement as we researched it on line and saw that we were not alone in experiencing a problem even after they have completed their initial "recall fix". we are very concerned about several issues. Our primary concern is that my husband can no longer trust driving this car back and forth to work. We feel we will not be able to trust driving it even after we get it back since this is the 2nd fix they have done on it. We also are concerned about the resell value of our vehicle as we have seen articles stating that kelly blue book is confirming that the resell values are being effected. Could a lawyer possibly negotiate with Toyota on our behalf to reduce our loan since we are financed through Toyota directly and our vehicle value has been reduced.

- Indio, CA, USA

Mar 052009

2008 Toyota Sequoia platinum has a design defect with the dashboard mounted control switch for raising and lowering the window. The consumer stated momentary contact with the switch caused the rear window to lower completely. The switch was located where the his right knee inadvertently made contact when the seat was in the forward position.

- Saint Joseph, MO, USA