$1,100.00

2004 Toyota Sienna engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Toyota Sienna:

2004 Toyota Sienna Owner Comments

Oct 022011

Sienna LE 3.3L V6

Fantasitc! Toyota informs me, that in order to get to the timing belt, they had to break $500 worth of brackets! They also claim it happens 50% of the time, so they have plenty in stock! Lucky me! It seems, due to the different metals, and being in close proximity to road spray, the brackets and bolts all bind together so they have to be sledge hammered off the engine. I contacted Toyota, who gave me a round of circle logic, telling me that if I didn't want to pay for parts, I should have had the timing belt done in warranty (before 100000kms). What? Why would you change the belt 44000 kms before the maintenance schedule calls for it? Unbelievable. This along with all the other problems this van should not have had, and I've sealed my Toyota buying future.

- , Crossfield, Alberta, canada