2004 Toyota Sienna lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Toyota Sienna:

2004 Toyota Sienna Owner Comments

Apr 112008

Sienna 6-cyl

I own a 2004 Toyota Sienna with 76,000 miles on it. I was one of the first owners when the new model was introduced. It has been well maintained through molle Toyota, kc mo that I have been pleased with prior to this incident. I had some problems with it initially and Toyota motor sales always took care of it and provided excellent service and follow up. However, the reputation that they have built over the course of 4 years has come unraveled. One of my headlights went out recently and I took it in to the dealer to get fixed, assuming it needed a new bulb. I was presented with a projected price of $ $900 to fix one headlight. $ $800 of this was a "igniter" part from Toyota and $ $100 of this was labor from the dealer. I filed a complaint with Toyota motor and it was bounced back to the dealer who delivered the message that there was no other option but to pay this, due to the high mileage. Clearly, this is a safety issue as I can not afford to fix this and can not drive the car without headlights. A realistic repair expectation would be to replace a bulb. This is an outrageous expense that Toyota should incur. Thank you, patrice lofquist

- Overland Park , KS, USA