2005 Toyota Sienna body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Toyota Sienna:

2005 Toyota Sienna Owner Comments (Page 1 of 9)

Mar 022015

Sienna

The contact owns a 2005 Toyota Sienna. The contact stated that the sliding automatic rear door independently opened. When the failure occurred, there was an abnormal noise. The door was switched to manual mode, but the failure recurred. The vehicle was taken to a dealer, but was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 160,000.

- Manahawkin, NJ, USA

Jul 032015

Sienna

The contact owns a 2005 Toyota Sienna. While the rear passenger attempted to exit the vehicle, . the rear passenger side sliding door failed to function. As a result, the passenger was unable to exit the vehicle. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 65,000.

- San Lorenzo, CA, USA

Apr 022015

Sienna

The contact owns a 2005 Toyota Sienna. When the contact opened the passenger side door, it opened further than intended. The contact stated that this was due to spot welded metal on the door check mounting panel that was separating from the door body. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The approximate failure mileage was 88,000.

- Fort Myers, FL, USA

Jan 152015

Sienna

The contact owns a 2005 Toyota Sienna. The contact stated that the rear sliding doors failed to secure and opened independently. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 128,000.

- Edison, NJ, USA

May 232013

Sienna 6-cyl

Sliding doors will not open.

- Watervliet, NY, USA

Oct 302014

Sienna 6-cyl

Door hinge welding in driver door breaks due to insufficient welding strength in 2005 Toyota Sienna and maybe other years. There still seems no recall on this issue, but it seems to be a widespread issue on this model. Links to examples of broadly experienced issues: www.autoblog.com/2007/10/24/Toyota-fixing-600-000-Sienna-doors-but-its-not-A-recall-mind-Y/ www.carcomplaints.com/Toyota/Sienna/2004/body_paint/broken_weld_in_door.shtml video of issue: Https://www.youtube.com/watch?V=bxkwzlguak4.

- Kirkland, WA, USA

Apr 012014

Sienna

The passenger sliding door on our car sticks and we cannot open it. I am very worried that in the event of an emergency or accident, I will not be able to safely get my children out of the vehicle.

- Branchburg, NJ, USA

Dec 052013

Sienna 6-cyl

This past winter, our right side power sliding door began to act up- it would not open or close via the key fob or button over the rearview mirror. If you pulled the door handle, it would open or close. After a few days, it began working fine again. Then in April, it began acting up again, doing the same things as before, but this time, it also would sometimes not fully close (it would be closing on its own, but before it was fully closed, it would go back open again). We didn't want to spend money on it because we had just bought a house for the first time and were focused on that. But then when we were out in June, we had closed the door, or thought we had, and came out of the store we were in later to find the door wide open. That is a problem! our van could have been stolen or things out of it. Thankfully, god watched over our vehicle. So we finally explored into getting it fixed and were told about this extended warranty/recall for the first time. The problem was by the time we inquired, we were just over 120,000 miles, but are still within the 9 years (but it is whichever occurs first), so now we are being told it cannot be fixed under the extended warranty/recall and will cost us $1,900 to get it fixed. We don't have this kind of money and are very upset! we were never notified by Toyota of this extended recall, or we would have taken the van in right away when the door began to act up. We also were told (falsely) by the Toyota dealer that it is 7 years or 120,000 miles and that either way, we don't qualify. I think Toyota needs to take care of this problem because it is a safety issue to our vehicle and personal safety (especially with kids- we could think the door is closing, but then it doesn't).

- Jersey Shore, PA, USA

Sep 232008

Sienna

My mini van Toyota Sienna sliding door on passenger side cannot open from the inside, after open from the out side and checked child lock is in unlock position, remote control and button inside is not working at all. I took my van to southbay Toyota to inspect they charged $192 but not fix the problem, I believed Toyota was recall to repair this problem, but until now my car has not been fix yet, dealer said the charge can be over $500. I had no money to pay for it, I 'd like to report this is safety issue. Please help.

- Gardena, CA, USA

Apr 082014

Sienna

The contact owns a 2005 Toyota Sienna. The contact stated she was unable to open and close the passenger side automatic sliding door. The contact mentioned she would have to manually force the passenger automatic sliding door open and closed. The contact stated that currently the passenger automatic sliding door failed to open. Additionally the contact mentioned the passenger automatic sliding doors froze in the winter. The vehicle was not taken to a dealer. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was unknown and the current mileage was 66,000.

- Paterson, NJ, USA

Jun 022014

Sienna

2005 Toyota Sienna. Consumer writes in regards to recall inquiry on sliding doors. The consumer stated the right side sliding door, would stop functioning at times.

- Washington, DC, USA

May 172014

Sienna 6-cyl

Power sliding passenger door failed in the open position. Auto-door turned off and finally with much effort closed the door manually. Door will now not open without the major effort of a full grown adult. Failure was sudden and unannounced. In case of an accident or emergency, there is no way any mid or rear seat children or small adults could open this door enough to egress the vehicle. Several people with the same failure report having to drive with the door jammed open to get to repair shops. Failure of this drive cable (and sometimes the associated motor) is well documented on-line, even in much younger vehicles. Toyota even added it to the extended service plan.

- Darien, IL, USA

Mar 012014

Sienna 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2005 Toyota Sienna. The contact stated that the driver's side door made a loud popping noise when it was opened. The contact also stated that the drivers door swung open and hit her legs. A local mechanic inspected the vehicle and noticed that the driver's door hinge was fractured. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 117,000. The approximate current mileage was 118,000. Updated 11/12/14 updated 01/26/15

- Highland Falls, NY, USA

Apr 102013

Sienna

The contact owns a 2005 Toyota Sienna. The contact stated that whenever the weather was cold, the rear sliding doors failed to open. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure and current mileage was 55,000.

- Elizabeth, NJ, USA

Mar 042014

Sienna 6-cyl

Power sliding door became stuck half way open. Was not able to open or close door. My infant was trapped inside. Only able to free door after trying to manually close door which caused cable to break. We were unable to drive do to door stuck partially open, and cable debris hanging out under rear window.

- Bicknell, IN, USA

Feb 242014

Sienna 6-cyl

The driver's side power sliding door will open about 4 inches then returns to close. There is nothing blocking the track. Estimates that I have read have been anywhere from $1500 - $2500 to get this fixed. I have three small children, one of whom is disabled. If there was an emergency, I would not be able to get my children out of the vehicle quickly. I do not have the finances to get this fixed. After reading about this same complaint from hundreds of other owners, could there be an investigation or recall for this problem" is there any place I can get help for this problem" my children's safety is of utmost importance to me.

- Murray, KY, USA

Nov 082013

Sienna 6-cyl

The rear door almost closed on me as I was loading groceries. I opened the rear door with my key remote, stepped underneath the door as it was fully lifted, and quickly stepped out of the way as the door began automatically closing. Toyota issued a recall in 2008 for this issue, and I verified with my local Toyota dealership that they performed this recall.

- Blaine, MN, USA

Aug 252013

Sienna

I had problem with my car's sliding door. It get stuck half the way and then I was not able to close that. Cable is broken. Lakeshore Toyota in burns harbor Indiana quote $1800 to replace the power door mechanism.

- Portage, IN, USA

Jul 252013

Sienna

I had problem with my car's sliding door. It get stuck half the way and then I was not able to close that. Then I had to cut the cable. I use this car for my family but unfortunately I went to dealer they told me somehow this is not covered by warranty. I tried to use the doors manually but still their is a problem with the door. Very very bad experience after having this car and my family doesn't like due to this reason. My kids cannot use it in a friendly manner.

- Montreal Canada, WY, USA

Jun 112013

Sienna

My power sliding rear doors malfunction. Sometimes the door will even start to close on its own as me or my wife are putting my small child in his safety seat. The most common issue is the door not opening or closing automatically. I was quoted almost $3000 for the repair to both doors as they are both malfunctioning. The dealer rep told me this is a common issue and the mechanic even said it happened to his van. This obviously is a common issue that should be investigated immediately, I found people even here complaining if the same/similar issues. Please help!

- Fort Dodge, IA, USA