2005 Toyota Sienna wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Toyota Sienna:

2005 Toyota Sienna Owner Comments

Nov 212006

Sienna 6-cyl

The "run flat" tires on my 2005 Sienna have completely worn out to the extent that the steel treads are showing, with only 11,000 miles on the car. Obviously they are very defective.

- Brooklyn, NY, USA

Oct 162004

I have run flat tires on my 2005 Sienna (purchased October 2004). I also bought a set of winter tires & rims) in December 2004 and since then I am alternating them 6 months of the year. Have currently 21,000 miles on my vehicle. The dunlop tires are almost worn out, although I probably put on them mo more than 12-13,000 miles. Part of the reason I believe is that when I bought the car(even when I test drove it) I noticed a rough ride and a pull to the left, but could not wait for the dealer to order another car, so I took it home (I bought it from a dealer out of town). Also I was blaming the tire thread geometry for the rough ride, and the dealership offered me to change the tires for the cheaper ones Bridgestone, but I had to pay like $80 for the operation, so I decided not to. The rough drive continued until I decided to take it to my local dealership who found out that it was misaligned. The did a free alignment but the car would still pull to the left. This, I was told, was normal, since the tires had been worn unevenly, so now they had to get the normal wear again. Now the car no longer pulls, but this comes a the cost of having excessively worn tires. I see that this is not an unique case.

- Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Feb 222006

Sienna 6-cyl

I have a 2005 Sienna xle AWD, and the tires failed at 20,016 miles (the tread was completely gone on the interior side of the two front tires). I had the tires rotated at 4,472 miles and 11,048. However, all 4 tires show excessive wear for this amount of mileage! the tires are factory-issued dunlop run-flats.

- Flagstaff, AZ, USA

Jan 152006

Sienna 6-cyl

Extremely rapid tire wear on dunlop run flat tires that were original equipment on a 2005 Toyota Sienna AWD van. The tires have been rotated several times. At less than 17,000 miles at least one is down to the wear markers. The others are not far behind. I have discovered that this is ongoing issue for nearly all owners of these AWD vans. These are very expensive top of the line tires. Now a days 40,000 + miles is the norm! I can't believe that a $33,000+ vehicle is sold legally with such inferior equipment tires!.

- Colchester, CT, USA

Nov 102005

The problem occurred with a 2005 Toyota Sienna that I have owned for approximately one year. At 24,000 miles on the car (mostly highway driving) the front 2 tires were completely bald and the rear tires had almost no tread left on them. The cost for replacement tires was approximately $900 which included a $100 credit per tire from dunlop. I refused to put those tires on my car again since I have three small children and can neither afford the cost or the risk to their safety with inadequate tires. Dunlop will also not provide any sort of warranty on their new tires. The cost of new tires (non-runflat) was approximately $450. In addition to the four new tires we also had to obtain a spare tire and wheel and purchase a new jack. There is now a loose tire sitting in the back of our van that can be a safety hazard if we are ever unfortunate enough to be in a severe accident.

- Woodland Park, CO, USA

Jun 012005

Sienna 6-cyl

I own a 2005 Toyota Sienna AWD. At 7500 miles the front tires had excessive wear, now with 9000 miles the dealer is recommending me to change all 4 tires. Currently I am negotiating with Toyota to pay for the tire replacement. They have offered little assurance to help and no commitment for future problems. I know this is a major problem with many AWD Toyota owners. Toyota needs to be held accountable/responsible.

- Steamboat Springs, CO, USA

Aug 012005

I have a 2005 Toyota Sienna xle AWD which is equipped with dunlop run-flat tires. This car was used for one year and had mileage of 17,800 when we noticed that all four tires had the tread barrier exposed. It was exposed only on the outside and inside edges of the tires. The car was handling extremely strangely and was starting to wander on turns. This weekend changing lanes the car started to wander into an on-coming traffic lane when changing to the left lane of a four lane road. I contacted Toyota only to be told that there was no mileage guarantee on the tires and they were $250/piece to replace. When told that they nearly caused head on accident they quickly offered to replace two of them free and then I could repair the others. They still would not guarantee the tires for any future mileage. I have since gone on the web to find that these tires have been reported by a huge number of the owners to have a similar problem. I do not think we should have an accident to find out that a tire has an identified safety problem. These tires do not wear correctly, they wear much too fast, and the Toyota service rep at my dealership told me that we should run the tires at a higher than recommended tire pressure to help. The NHTSA should get involved in this matter before others are harmed or killed.

- El Dorado Hills, CA, USA

Sep 072005

Sienna 4WD 6-cyl

My 2005 Toyota Sienna has bridestone run flat tires. I noticed wear on my front tires at 15,741 miles and rotated my tires. I was noticing a noise from the front of my car and had the brakes checked, they were ok but my tires were not. Took vehicle to a Bridgestone tire dealer and he said that the tires were shot with 17,600 miles. They are contacting the manufacturer to see if they will replace or adjust the tires. Is it safe to drive this car with these tires in this kind of condition? mike berg.

- Minot, ND, USA