2006 Toyota Sienna seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Toyota Sienna:

2006 Toyota Sienna Owner Comments (Page 1 of 13)

Oct 072016

Sienna

The contact owns a 2006 Toyota Sienna. When the vehicle was started, the air bag indicator remained illuminated. The failure recurred, but the vehicle was not diagnosed. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 146,000.

- Strafford, MO, USA

Nov 142016

Sienna

Started vehicle 3 days ago and all of a sudden the airbag light came on and it keeps blinking off and on and never shuts off. Van has 118,289 miles. Never a problem before now.

- Live Oak, FL, USA

Oct 202016

Sienna 6-cyl

I was driving the car all day. Made a stop at a grocery store. When I started the car back up the air bag warning light came on.

- Kernville, CA, USA

Aug 292016

Sienna 6-cyl

Air bag warning continuously flashes when the car is on. Mechanic tried to reset it but it goes right back to flashing when the car is restarted. No accidents, this began at 114,000 miles. Concerned airbag will not deploy on impact, or will deploy randomly because it is faulty. The VIN shows there is no recall but isn't this a safety issue when hundreds have reported the same problem?

- Lagrangeville, NY, USA

Oct 012016

Sienna

Check airbags light comes on for no reason.

- Visalia, CA, USA

Dec 062006

Sienna

The contact owns a 2006 Toyota Sienna. While driving various speeds, the air bag warning indicator illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the poor pin connector lost contact disconnect. The vehicle was repaired; however, the failure recurred numerous times. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 9,200.

- San Jacinto, CA, USA

Aug 072016

Sienna

2006 Sienna le airbag warning light keeps flashing.

- San Ramon, CA, USA

Oct 102014

Sienna

Takata recall I am filing this complaint because I have contacted Toyota many times regarding the safety of the airbags in my van. The safety of my family is in question. Even though a recall does not come up when I enter the VIN in safercar.gov, I am told by Toyota that doesn't mean my van won't be subject to a recall in the future. I need to know! my family and I are expected to play russian roulette every time we get in the van.Toyota reps are playing a guessing game when they give me information about the safety of my van. They cannot tell me why my van is not being recalled. I need specifics such as who made the airbag in my van, Toyota says they cannot tell me this because their lawyers have told them not to give out that info. The person who gave me this info told me they spoke to the executive management where they work and that is all they can tell me. Not good enough! I would like to know why nobody will give me a definitive answer that would put my mind at ease. Could it be because my van is a 2006 and takata knew of the airbag problems in 2004 but did not admit to it until 2008" can they not tell me definitively because takata tampered with info from 2004 through 2008 before they went public with problem" Toyota reps tell me they are going forward with recalls as they receive info from takata and the NHTSA. I cannot trust takata with the safety of my family and for this reason I am appealing to the NHTSA to please give me permission to take my van to a certified mechanic to have the airbags removed. You will probably quote the safety statistic that my chances of being killed in an auto accident are greater without airbags than having an airbag spontaneously explode in my face. Before the recall I was never fixated on getting in an accident, now I am a distracted driver worrying if my airbags are going to explode in someones face. Jeannine combs

- Evansville, WI, USA

Jun 192016

Sienna

The airbag light began to blink after 145,000 miles. Same as hundreds of other entries shown on this website. Will be contacting Toyota dealer.

- Sinking Spring, PA, USA

Mar 152014

Sienna

Around 150,000 miles, my airbag warning light started blinking on my dash. It has turned itself off a couple of times but then came back on. There doesn't seem to be a reason for it to turn on or off.

- Hampstead, MD, USA

Jun 092015

Sienna

The airbag sensor light comes on and flashes. It will shut off and turn on randomly. The wire harness under the seat becomes loose or damaged as the seats are moved and airbags are not detected. The light stays flashing and airbags are non-functional. Toyota knows about this but tries to charge thousands of dollars for them to replace their faulty wires.

- Windsor, CA, USA

Jun 282016

Airbag light flashing without cause at 150,000 miles

- Corbett, OR, USA

Jun 152016

Sienna

The airbag light started flashing on and off constantly without any accident when I drive in city highway.

- San Diego, CA, USA

Mar 052015

Sienna

My 2006 Sienna, airbag SRS light is blinking all the time, which means airbag won't be deployed during accident. This is very critical. I saw so many owners of 2006 Sienna complain about the exactly same issue. Why is this not recalled?

- San Diego, CA, USA

May 102016

Sienna

SRS warning indicator is continuously showing up in a blinking mode.

- Monmouth Junction, NJ, USA

May 022016

Sienna

Airbag light indicator is on without the car involved in an accident. The repair person(delaer) checked it and says the complete assembly has to be replaced and he is not sure why it went fault. I suspect it is a manufacturing defect with the wiring

- Irving, TX, USA

Jan 062016

Sienna

Water comes out the airbag location on driver side. The SRS light comes on. The vehicle was in motion.

- Fort Myers, FL, USA

Apr 032016

Sienna

My 2006 Sienna airbags unpredictably become non-functional. That is, the warning light goes on and off at unpredictable intervals. I am told by the dealer service representatives that the airbags are non-functional (I.e., system shut down) when the warning light is flashing. This is a severe safety concern to me for the sake of my family. It is galling since the airbag system was a major selling point of the car. An estimate repairs by dealer is $1100 apparently included replacing whole airbag system. I do not understand why de owner has to respond for a secure system that never had used, and why the manufacturer not warns that the air bag system will degrade over time. The van is in motion on a city.

- Weston, FL, USA

Apr 022016

Sienna

Takata recall airbag light on when start engine and airbag light on still on not turn off after one minuter

- New Orleans, LA, USA

Mar 012016

Sienna

Airbag warning light on intermittently sometimes days other times months. Noted numerous complaints on the internet from other Toyota owners dealer squawks the wiring harness and airbag. Very unreliable safety protection.

- Kissimmee, FL, USA