2007 Toyota Sienna wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Toyota Sienna:

2007 Toyota Sienna Owner Comments

Mar 022015

Recall over a year ago to have cable holding spare tire replaced. Called dealer over three times, called Toyota and ntsb, no one seems to care, but spare tire is not installed back in its proper place after a year.

- Troy, NY, USA

Aug 012012

In approximately the summer of 2012 (I do not recall the exact date),Toyota recalled the spare tire suspension cable, but did not have a repair at the time. I was inconvenienced for months with the spare tire in the back of my van. The repair was eventually completed, however, a recall for the repair was issued in the summer of 2014. The spare tire was removed and again placed in the back of my van. Toyota is now stating that there will be no repair available until the summer of 2015. This is completely unacceptable and not understandable. It is simply an attachment for the spare tire. An official complaint has been filed with Toyota, as well. I need the space where the spare tire currently has to be, however, I do not feel safe without it in my vehicle.

- Owego, NY, USA

Jul 232014

The contact owns a 2007 Toyota Sienna. The contact stated that the subframe and the spare tire carrier assembly was rusted and corroded. The vehicle was taken to a dealer who stated that the part was not available to repair the vehicle under NHTSA campaign number: 14V273000 (tires: Temporary/emergency spare tire). The manufacturer was notified of the failure and could not provide an estimated date for when the contact's vehicle would receive the recall repairs. The failure mileage was unknown.

- Troy, NY, USA

Aug 092014

Sienna 6-cyl

My spare tire fell off my vehicle while I was driving on I91 in Vermont between exits 5 and 6. the vehicle following me, which was being driven by my husband, struck the tire. It became lodged under his car damaging the air conditioning system. At the time of the incident we did not realize that it was the tire from my car. We pulled over to the shoulder we were able to dislodge the tire and continued on.after discussing what happened and inspecting the car did we realize that it was my spare. There was a recall for this completed by Toyota in 2011. This is a very dangerous situation with these cars and were very fortunate that something worse did not occur. We reported it to Toyota and are very disappointed in their response so far.

- West Haven , CT, USA