2.2

2008 Toyota Sienna suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Toyota Sienna:

2008 Toyota Sienna Owner Comments

Jul 102016

Sienna

In 2015, heard a clunking noise from front end, took to dealer who said it was right front coil spring broken. Was replaced under extended warranty. In August 2016, noticed clunking in the rear--this time the right rear coil spring is broken. Not covered.

- Ithaca, NY, USA

Jun 102016

Sienna

My Toyota Sienna with 82,000 miles on it suspension has several noises and the rack and pinion steering boots are leaking, on the Toyota nation web site and Toyota Sienna owners web site, there are about 75 to 90 other persons with this problem, plus the ones that do not bother to post like us. Whey haven't the government force Toyota to recall this vehicles? I have changed struts, shocks, the tires are new and it is aligned. Toyota is risking the lives of its clients and no one can do anything about it, due to the apathy and human disregard of lives.!

- San Marcos, CA, USA

Mar 062016

Sienna

I was driving on city roads and noticed clunking noise in right front passenger side by tire especially when I would go over un smooth roads or railroad tracks. Piece of broken suspension coil flew out onto the road. I was fortunate it did not puncture the tire. I took into dealer and showed them broken piece and found that right rear coil was also broken but still intact. I had to replace both coils at considerable expense. Since vehicle was no longer making noise I had to insist they look at it and was charged $69 to just examine it. Then of course they saw what an unsafe situation it was. The broken coil looked rusted to me in spots like its a manifacturers defect.

- Chaska, MN, USA

Jan 292016

Sienna

Since driving my 2008 seinna limited over 61,000 miles, I have been noticing metal-rattling noises. I brought it to a mechanic, and they found the front, driver side suspension coil spring was fractured. I was told by the mechanic that it's not common, and I checked any recalls on it from toyata and NHTSA websites. There are no open recalls, but on the internet I saw the same problem happened to 2008 Sienna in several cases.

- Moorhead, MN, USA

Feb 132016

Sienna

The left rear coil spring broke. Not sure when it broke, was advised it was broken by a mechanic during an inspection.

- Glenmoore, PA, USA