2009 Toyota Sienna engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Toyota Sienna:

2009 Toyota Sienna Owner Comments

Dec 252014

Sienna

Takata recall ! I was driving Toyota Sienna on local street in boca raton when car had unexplained acceleration. Car struck a tree which caused the air bags to react. I had airbags stuffing in my lungs with contusion and in my intestines. My son had a bad contusion on right side from side airbag. My wife had to spend 17 days in a hospital because contusion on lungs and multiple bones. The force not her out of her seat on floor. Her seat belt cut into her abdomen. She almost died from injuries and incompetent medical care. My daughter was saved from severe injury because the side airbag did not function. This was a terrible holiday gift.

- Boca Raton, FL, USA

Sep 242015

Sienna

While driving down a very steep narrow unpaved drive the engine stopped. All lights on the dash remained on battery light was on. Steering was very difficult and the breaks were stiff. When I came to a stop I restarted the engine.

- Harbor Springs, MI, USA

May 122015

Sienna

2gr-fe engine: Cylinder # 2 valve spring broke.

- Burr Ridge, IL, USA

Dec 252014

Sienna

The car had an alignment problem after 5000 miles. Firestone always aligned the wheels but 1 went through 3 sets of tires. The car would speed up the last couple of months after I took my foot off the gas pedal. The brakes seemed to work but they just did not seem right. I noticed the day after I drove the rav4 the difference form the Sienna. The rave 4 also jerks sometimes when I step on the gas pedal.

- Boca Raton , FL, USA

Oct 182011

Sienna 6-cyl

2009 Toyota Sienna. Consumer writes in regards to vehicle fire the consumer's insurance company determined that oil leaked from a faulty valve and seal in the manifold cover. However, Toyota provided a different explanation as to how the vehicle caught on fire. They stated the fire was caused by spilled oil and overfilling of oil. Toyota stated they have a photo of the dip stick proving that the oil was overfilled, but refused to provide the picture.

- Dover, MN, USA