2012 Toyota Sienna body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Toyota Sienna:

2012 Toyota Sienna Owner Comments

Jan 202014

Sienna 6-cyl

The engine was off. I opened the rear hatch, while I was under the hatch placing items in the back of the car my husband not realizing I had already opened it and was under it pushed the button to open the hatch but since it was already open it started to close on me. Upon meeting resistance from me (substantial I might add) it did not stop closing and I had to jump into the rear of the vehicle to prevent being seriously injured. Either there is no sensor to sense an obstruction in the door or the sensor is faulty. We will notify the dealer of this but this is a sensor that should not fail, this door is big enough to seriously injure someone or kill a child. I was not injured seriously but my neck and shoulder are sore at this point from pushing back on the door and time will tell if it is more than a minor strain.

- Ridgecrest, CA, USA