2.2

2013 Toyota Sienna brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Toyota Sienna:

2013 Toyota Sienna Owner Comments

Oct 232015

Sienna

Brakes locked up while trying to leave a parking lot. Many warning lights came on including vsc, ABS, and traction control and the computer said needs immediate service. The Toyota service manager said they've never seen this and that the actuator needs replaced. I've noted that there are 2 other instances of this issue and hope that this safety issue will be investigated. The NHTSA campaign number: 14V054000 that discusses: "an electrical component within the actuator may experience an increased resistance resulting in the illumination of various warning lights, including those for the vehicle stability control (vsc) system, antilock brake system (ABS), and traction control system." I've had this happen three times over the past four months. I've taken it to the shop and they've reset the code and could not find the issue. It keeps coming back. I believe the 14V054000 needs to be expanded to include my vehicle

- Lutherville-Timonium, MD, USA

Nov 152013

Sienna

I've just finished reading the NHTSA campaign number: 14V054000 that discusses: "an electrical component within the actuator may experience an increased resistance resulting in the illumination of various warning lights, including those for the vehicle stability control (vsc) system, antilock brake system (ABS), and traction control system." I've had this happen three times over the past four months. I've taken it to the shop and they've reset the code and could not find the issue. It keeps coming back. I believe the 14V054000 needs to be expanded to include my vehicle.

- Virginia Beach, VA, USA