2013 Toyota Sienna electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Toyota Sienna:

2013 Toyota Sienna Owner Comments

Aug 242016

Power doors stopped working and are stuck open. They stick open with my kids in the back and I was driving home. I've owned this car for 44 days. Moyer just quit door is stuck halfway. Thank god we got home safe!!! less then 90000 miles and the car is unusable. Door became stuck when we pulled over on side of the road to adjust my sons car seat( buckles where not right enough) when I went to close it the door wouldn't budge. We where on a busy street. My husband them got out and had to force the door into S semi closed position and stayed in the back holding it until we could get to a side road. I then called for a ride.

- Hooksett, NH, USA

Nov 162015

This has now occurred twice and has been repaired multiple times. The 1st time happened a few weeks after being purchased. I was traveling approx 45-50mph, began breaking for a yellow light when suddenly the woman in front of me stopped short of the light. To avoid hitting her I had to break firm but not slamming on the breaks. I stopped about a car length short of her and then felt an impact. I assumed I had been hit from behind by another driver but there was no car there. I pulled into a mall just ahead and looked behind the drivers seat to find the 2nd row seat, where 10 minutes before my daughter had been sitting, had collapsed forward, slid on the rails and slammed into the drivers seat. The seat was locked and unable to be moved in it's collapsed position. I suffered extreme whip lash and back pain. Since I was in-route to Toyota for more problems I went to the dealer who moved the seat back and claimed "my daughter must have played with it" after going to a new dealership and months of testing and back and forth Toyota replicated the problem and said the rails needed to be replaced but not the seat. They also had me sign off that they could inspect the parts and tell me why it failed. This never happened. Two weeks ago I was slowing on a steep twisting dirt road to stop before turning on a bridge and hear a sound like going up a roller coaster. Click click click. I braced bc I knew what was happening and again my daughters seat slammed into mine. This time not only did the rails fail to stop the seat but it again collapsed forward and this time the foot rest also unlocked and lodged under my seat. Luckily I did not have my daughter in the van this time either. 2.5 years of repeated unsuccessful repairs to various parts (moon roof 8+)(radio/gps 5+)(squeaking/rattling rear seats 5+) liability report filed (4th) will contact a lawyer this time.

- Lake Orion, MI, USA

Oct 232015

Brakes locked up while trying to leave a parking lot. Many warning lights came on including vsc, ABS, and traction control and the computer said needs immediate service. The Toyota service manager said they've never seen this and that the actuator needs replaced. I've noted that there are 2 other instances of this issue and hope that this safety issue will be investigated. The NHTSA campaign number: 14V054000 that discusses: "an electrical component within the actuator may experience an increased resistance resulting in the illumination of various warning lights, including those for the vehicle stability control (vsc) system, antilock brake system (ABS), and traction control system." I've had this happen three times over the past four months. I've taken it to the shop and they've reset the code and could not find the issue. It keeps coming back. I believe the 14V054000 needs to be expanded to include my vehicle

- Lutherville-Timonium, MD, USA

Feb 092015

Sienna 6-cyl

After driving the vehicle to the gas station and filling up with gas, the van would not restart. When the start button was pressed, it would just click, after several attempts it was determined that at least the battery was dead. This all happened in 5 degree weather. In an attempt to open the drivers side rear, unlocked sliding power door, it would not open. My wife was unable to open the door to get our 18 month old out of a cold car. In a panic, she had to climb over the center console from the drivers seat to pull him out, and then climb back over to exit the vehicle. When the van was finally jump started and brought to the dealer, they replaced the battery, and just shrugged off the fact that the door wouldn't open when the battery is dead. This is a huge safety concern for us. If we happen to be in an accident and the battery gets disconnected, we would nt be able to quickly and safely remove our child from the van.

- Ellington, CT, USA

Aug 202014

Our front right door sensor provides false readings. The door sensor states that the door is open when it is not. The door sensor goes on and off. Even though the door is sealed shut, it is extremely annoying because of the of noise and visual alert that states that the door is supposedly not shut.

- Alamogordo, NM, USA