2013 Toyota Sienna engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Toyota Sienna:

2013 Toyota Sienna Owner Comments

Oct 212016

Sienna

The contact owns a 2013 Toyota Sienna. After starting the vehicle, it independently accelerated. In addition, all the warning indicators illuminated, the steering wheel seized, and the brakes did not function. The vehicle was able to stop after the emergency brake was applied. The vehicle was towed to an independent mechanic where the failure could not be replicated. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 72,000.

- Loveland, OH, USA

Oct 232015

Sienna

Tonight around 1950 hrs., while attempting to park my vehicle in a parking cover, I lost control over my Toyota Sienna 2013 due to unexpected acceleration. The vehicle accelerated suddenly and as a result I hit and run over the curb. I tried to apply the brake paddle with all of my strength without any success. Two of my children were frightened because of this accident. If it wasn't for the curb in front of my vehicle, my vehicle would have struck/hit the apartment building in front of me.

- Glendale, AZ, USA

Jan 062015

Sienna 6-cyl

2013 Toyota Sienna. Consumer writes in regards to accelerator problems. The consumer stated the accelerator pedal momentarily became stuck in the open position. After starting the vehicle and driving for three miles, the pedal did not release when he moved his foot from the accelerator pedal and pressed on the brake.

- Oak Harbor, WA, USA

Mar 312013

Sienna

I took a right turn from jupitar rd. To president george bush freeway - approximately 400 meters before entering the tollway. The trac off and engine fault light switched on and the van couldn't go beyond a maximum speed of approximately 20 or 30 mph. I was shocked and stunned and couldn't figure out what was just happening and how to get the van to a side path amid passing vehicles at 60 to 70 mph because that road lead to toll way entrance. Finally, after long wait with a shaky heart, I could move the van to right lane @ < 30 mph and stopped near a right turn. I stopped the vehicle and inspected tyre pressure. It was normal. Restarted vehicle and did a test drive on normal road - every thing seemed normal. My vehicle had an error code and I found an exactly same complaint in internet dated back to 2008. Demanded an explanation from asktoyota and they were dismissive about the internet reference and advised me to contact dealer. My van is with them since last 4 days and still don't have a status. Why this is a matter of life and death " 1. unintended slow down to maximum speed of < 30 and random occurrence of this incident. Imagine, I am just entering the tollway at a maximum speed of 30 or I am in the middle lane of a highway at speed of 30mph this is sudden death case and I don't think Toyota will admit this unless you get involved. Why this is a design flaw " at no time - machine should override mechanical gas pedal.

- Wylie, TX, USA