4.1

2013 Toyota Sienna wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Toyota Sienna:

2013 Toyota Sienna Owner Comments

May 302016

Sienna

I bought my Sienna 12/27/2012. In October 2014 while driving home from lake Tahoe, the car began shaking violently while traveling down hill. Upon returning home the car continued to shake anytime the brakes were applied. Took the car to the dealer and they said the rotors were warped and needed to be replaced. The car had $15K miles on it. This is unheard of. In July 2014 Toyota issued T-sb-0045-14 relating to this issue and recommended a "shim kit" as a repair. This was also added to my car. In may of 2016 while traveling down the grapevine from la the car again began to violently shake. Took the car back. Again, 15K miles and the rotors are warped and now we need new tires and back brakes too. My family has owed 14 Toyota and we have never replaced rotors twice at 31,000 miles! there is clearly something wrong with the braking system of this car that is causing it to eat through brakes, rotors, and tires and the "fix" that Toyota has come up with is not fixing the problem!!

- Bakersfield, CA, USA

Jan 032016

Sienna

I have an all wheel drive Toyota Sienna with run-flat tires that I bought new. The tires had catastrophic wear down to the belts on the in only 25000 miles, especially on the rear. Suspension alignment check at the dealer showed that the rear suspension was "in-spec" and additionally was not adjustable. The ealer told me this type of wear was "normal". I have never seen tires wear at the inside edge down to the steel belts like this on any of my many vehicles over 40 years of driving. I was told that it was due to run flat tires, and this is how they wear. I don't believe that as I have another vehicle with run flat tires that has no such problem. I believe there is something seriously wrong with the suspension geometry with the Toyota Sienna AWD vehicle that causes this catastrophic and severe tire wear. These were factory installed oem Bridgestone turanza tires, never abused or overloaded, and as can be seen in the pictures, were worn, but were not down to the wear bars. Upon researching this problem, it would appear that it is a very common issue specific to Toyota Sienna AWD vans. I can not understand this wear being "normal" under any definition. It is clearly a safety hazard and a defect either with the vehicle or the design of these tires..

- Skillman, NJ, USA