2014 Toyota Sienna seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Toyota Sienna:

2014 Toyota Sienna Owner Comments

Jan 152016

Sienna 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2014 Toyota Sienna. The contact stated that due to his wife's recent weight less, the front passenger air bag sensor did not recognize the seat was occupied. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where the failure was not determined. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 14,000. Updated 05/10/16 updated 05/10/16.

- Hagerstown, MD, USA

Apr 142015

Sienna 6-cyl

Traveling 45 mph crossing East a 3 lane intersection with a green light when another vehicle going South run a red light. Since I had the right of way and my van was at steady speed of 45 mph, I had no time to react to prevent from hitting the incoming car. I hit the other vehicle's passenger side damaging both front and rear door. The impact totally ruined the from of my 2014 Toyota Sienna van with just 6277 miles. My insurance company's adjuster declared the van a total lost. With that strong impact that totally destroy the front of my vehicle, I was surprised that the air bag in the driver side did not deploy. So, I am reporting this incident for possible product defect on air bags installed in my 2014 Toyota Sienna le van to prevent future incident on air bag failure.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA

Apr 172014

Sienna 6-cyl

I was driving down I-95 to Florida from nc, traveling 70 mph in the left lane when I noticed a car coming up from behind driving almost on the center line. I stayed in my lane and the car came up and impacted the right side of my vehicle, rotating the car 90 degrees and sending me and my family off the interstate onto the right shoulder. The side airbag did not deploy even though the point of impact resulted in damage to the passenger and side doors of the minivan.

- Charlotte, NC, USA