1. replace it (1 reports)
2000 Toyota Solara engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Toyota Solara:

2000 Toyota Solara Owner Comments

Apr 122010

Solara SLE 3.0L V6

this is a known problem with this car. I'm posting this as a warning to all owners of Toyota cars. They have proved in the past year or so they are not perfect and will go to the same tactics Detroit have been using to cause the failure of a once great icon of America the automobile. Toyota must have known way before the first "sudden gas pedal mishap" they had problems. But to save the almighty $ they waited for some more innocents to get hurt before offering a half -ass solution. My guess is they are using the outfit that built the gas pedals as the scape goat at the advice of the company lawyers. I'll bet you the computers that run the vehicles are partly to blame, why didn't these high tech marvels slow the car down? Does Toyota wants to keep the cost of the recall down? I bet "as a precaution" they update the software while they are replacing the gas pedals. My point? If I had a new Toyota that I knew had a less than perfect internal brain WHICH HAS CAUSED PEOPLE TO GET HURT, I'D WANT MY MONEY BACK AND BUY A DIFFERENT BRAND OF CAR !!!

Shame on you Toyota...take a looks at Detroit.

- , Chester Springs, PA, USA