8.0

2004 Toyota Solara windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Toyota Solara:

2004 Toyota Solara Owner Comments

Aug 302010

Solara

After hopping in (I'm on crutches) to pay for a fill up and being told that the station was "temporarily" closed for floor waxing????? ( Why were lights on door open etc.??) I was attempting to get back into my car somewhat gracefully when I heard an EXTREMELY loud "POP" and proceded to duck down truly afraid I had been shot at. (I'm an Army Vet and have heard weapons fired!!) When I realized that wasn't it, I looked at my rear window and saw it completely shattered, but held in place by the tint. I thoroughly examined the window and there was NO impact site where a foreign object contacted it. I asked the "Floor Waxers" who were all standing about 10 feet from my car if they had seen anything ( thank goodness they were working so hard or there would be no witnesses) and they all said no but that it appeared as though the force was from inside the vehicle??? Has this been a common occurance??

- , Torrance, CA, USA