1997 Toyota Tacoma body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1997 Toyota Tacoma:

1997 Toyota Tacoma Owner Comments

Nov 082015

Tacoma ES 3.4L

The spring hanger pulled loose due to rusty frame. I really depended on this truck on my farm and still need to replace it but I don't have the funds to do it, it put me in a bad way. I am going to have to junk it, it still runs and looks great. I would have never known this until a gentleman showed me. My son and I could have been killed if I had driven it home that day but the man would not let me once he saw it, he even called my mom, She picked my son and I up, then had truck towed. Always check your spring hangers. I got the truck never thought about the recall, I just saw it on the net where Toyota recalled bad frames, so just watch your rust bucket. PS, I still would buy another one if I get the funds. I love my Toyota.

- , Lovingston, VA, USA

Jan 012007

Tacoma 4 cyl

I just got of the phone with the dealership. Man, am i pissed!!! I bought the truck new in 1997. Had a few problems, no big deal. 2 years ago the frame broke,I took it to the body shop and had it fixed. over the next 2 years I had it in the shop 5 times to fix the frame. last January it was due for inspection and it would not pass. This time the frame was to far gone and could not be saved. Had an offer on it last fall so I sold it for $1,000. Now I find out there is a recall on it! (not notified by dealership.) The salesman told me that Toyota would cut me a check for aprox. $13,000.00 for it!! (that's bluebook plus 150% of bluebook!!) So, not only did I loose $13,000.00 but I had to buy another vehicle. Other than the frame, the truck was in great shape.I'm talking to a lawyer this week to see if I have any legal recourse. Like I said, I'M PISSED OFF!!!

- , Ashland, NH, USA