2001 Toyota Tacoma wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Toyota Tacoma:

2001 Toyota Tacoma Owner Comments

Jan 182014

Tacoma 6-cyl

Hi, I just want to express my concern for my vehicle as I love my Tacoma and how it drives and works for me in my daily life. As I had took my vehicle in for a recall on my spare tire cable, the technician and service man had told me that in my frame of my vehicle there is a large rusted out hole. Since then, I really haven't felt safe driving my vehicle anywhere as I'm afraid that my frame will break and cause a really bad accident. I've also have had in the past where my dad's vehicle (1998 Toyota Tacoma) was recalled for the same exact thing (frame issue). As for my vehicle, I am the second owner and my brother was the first. This vehicle has been here in the Minnesota weather all its life time. Please do something about this, if not, I will push this forward where I will get some attention to my vehicle, my safety, and others. And plus, I wouldn't want to make this into a legal matter as I love my Toyota.

- West Lakeland, MN, USA

Jul 012013

Tacoma 4WD 4-cyl

Wheels are two piece construction rust build-up between the two pieces does not allow me to clean. Impossible to service rust build-up is excessive.

- Lawrenceburg, KY, USA

May 162012

Tacoma

Loss of spare tire assembly due to rust Toyota will not replace wheel assembly will replace the rusted tire holder but not the tire Toyota replaced the frame on a recall and did not replace the rusted spare tire holder this is negligence on the part of Toyota someone may have been killed when the spare tire came loose on the highway at 55 mph.

- Pine Brook, NJ, USA