2. replace rotors (1 reports)
2002 Toyota Tacoma brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Toyota Tacoma:

2002 Toyota Tacoma Owner Comments

Sep 072015

Tacoma 4x4 V6

This is the second brake job (new rotors) after 84000 miles. My 05 Dodge 3500 diesel has 107000 without any brake problems.

- , Culdesac, ID, USA

Aug 292013

Tacoma Prerunner 3.4lt V6

I have replaced the Brakes 3 times. O'rielly's auto parts will not warranty their brake parts for me anymore. The brakes shake, vibrate very bad. Does not matter what speed. After replacement they work great for the first 50 or so miles them back to the bad shake and vibrations. Been to Toyota in Dothan, AL. and in Columbus, Ga. They say no recalls and not their problem. Always though Toyotas were quality vehicles. Boy was I wrong. Will sell this one as soon as I pay it off and will buy a FORD!

- , Newton, AL, USA

Feb 012004

Tacoma Prerunner 3.4L

bought vehicle new,every 12000 miles or just under a year front pads have to replaced and rotors turned to keep vibration down to where can keep vehicle under control when braking, i also have 4 wheel drive 3/4 ton p/up with over 80000 miles which has never had a brake problem, whats wrong with toyotas bakes?

- , Muscle Shoals, AL, USA

May 092008

Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab 3.5L

I will be reporting the problem to Toyota now that I know that others have had similar problems.

- , Riverbank, CA, USA

Jun 082002

Tacoma 6 cyl

My trucks brakes began to vibrate heavily going into the Tahoe basin after only 15000 miles. I have learned to change the fwd disc brakes myself because they fail so often. I was told by the dealership to shop for a brake shop with a good warranty on brakes because they did not have a fix.

- , Alameda, Cali, USA