9.3

1. repair frame (2 reports)
2003 Toyota Tacoma body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Toyota Tacoma:

2003 Toyota Tacoma Owner Comments

Nov 182015

Tacoma V6

We took the truck back for another recall and they replaced the tire carrier. However, the amount of rust that still is there is worrying us. We have had Toyotas forever and this is the first truck that has ever got this much rust. The front is not bad but the frame and the back of the truck is completely rusted. The pan covering the gas tank and oil pain is almost rusted through not to mention parts of the frame. What should we do? Should we contact a lawyer?

Update from May 5, 2016: Talked to Toyota they said since there is no recall they do not have to fix it. If I don't like it get a lawyer.

- , BENDERSVILLE, PA, USA

Jun 012015

Tacoma SR5 TRD 3.4L

The frame and body of my 03 Tacoma is rotting away as the days go on I'm do for new frame from Toyota but don't know when that will be. I don't know if truck will last much longer. There's holes in the frame you can put your hand in. The brake lines rotted out and I'm still having problems with the brakes. I think Toyota should buy these vehicles and get them off the road. I will send pictures after I take them.

- , Manistique, MI, USA

Jun 012015

Tacoma Extended Cab V6

The frame was constructed in such a way that moisture can get inside and rust out the frame. It also rusted out the bracket that holds one end of the springs. When it was discovered it was very close to total failure. I had to have it re-boxed in, welded, painted and the spring bracket repaired. This is solely a result of tragically bad engineering that allows water to splash inside the frame on that side only.

- , Waynesville, NC, USA