$8,070.00

1. replace engine (1 reports)
2003 Toyota Tacoma engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Toyota Tacoma:

2003 Toyota Tacoma Owner Comments

Apr 192014

Tacoma Charcoal V6

I have had two Toyata p/ups. The first pick up was a 1974 Toyata Pre-runner. In 1978 the engine gasket blew and I had it replaced.

I now own a 2003 Toyota Tacoma quad truck. I purchased in Nov. 02.

April 19, 2014 I was parked at the bank drive through to pay my taxes, my truck was in park and all of a sudden the engine started racing and there was a big explosion and a big puff of blue smoke came out from under the hood and all the oil spewed out from the engine. I had 52,900 miles on the vehicle. The Tacoma cost me: $ 8,070.00, I am angry that I spent a lot of money purchasing this vehicle. And now I have to spend that money putting a reconditioned motor in my truck.

The Toyota company has got more money than my wife and I have. I took my pictures over to E'ville Toyota to look at and they could not help me or would not help me. They told us that we should have put oil in it. We have proof that we had change oil every 2000 miles, but they would not even consider it because they said they could not accept another dealer's word that they actually changed the oil. We use to feel so proud to drive a Toyota but it seems like they snubbed us when we really needed them and now I don't think we would ever buy another Toyota again.

- , Evansville, IN, USA