2004 Toyota Tacoma windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Toyota Tacoma:

2004 Toyota Tacoma Owner Comments

Dec 042003

Tacoma 4WD 6-cyl

This is a safety concern on my 2004 Toyota Tacoma double cab V6, 4X4 truck. The exterior mirrors on both sides fog up so bad in cold weather they become virtually useless. Toyota does not offer a heated mirror option on the truck. At several times driving in inclement weather I've been forced to pull off the side of the road to try to clear the mirrors, to no avail. They would just fog up again, once I got underway. The condition is different then starting out after the truck has sat outside overnight in the cold. The mirrors might clear for a while then, while underway, fog up for no apparent reason. Toyota says don't drive in that kind of weather. Not a good remedy. The truck is brand new and Toyota says I have no recourse, that it has met all of the safety standards required by the government. Driving blind at night, to me, is not an option. I drive approximately 30,000 miles per year and have never driven an automobile with a mirror problem like this. It's a serious safety concern in my opinion and should be addressed by Toyota. I registered my complaint with the company by phone and by email. I have received no response from my local dealer or Toyota to any of my email complaints.

- Seattle , WA, USA