2006 Toyota Tacoma fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Toyota Tacoma:

2006 Toyota Tacoma Owner Comments

Jul 272006

Tacoma 4WD 6-cyl

Applied brake pedal as I approached an intersection with a red light and could not stop, causing my vehicle to rear end a stopped vehicle. My vehicle also picked up acceleration when I applied the brake a second time. I had to shut the vehicle off in order to stop it from climbing up the rear of the vehicle ahead of me. Police officer at the scene verified this observation afterward indicating a mechanical problem and noted same on the police report. My brand new vehicle was purchased less than two weeks before this accident, towed back to the dealership after the accident and remains there awaiting an inspection by the manufacturer.

- Old Forge, PA, USA