4.0

2007 Toyota Tacoma transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Toyota Tacoma:

2007 Toyota Tacoma Owner Comments

Mar 032010

Tacoma 4.0L V6

The vehicle gives a jerk when coming to a complete stop. I just need answers to what this problem is and if I should expect more in the future.

- , Riverside, CA, USA

Jun 212009

Tacoma 4.0L V6

I purchased my Tacoma used with 21,466 miles. At first it was a great truck, but then I noticed that when shifting the truck would surge. At first I thought it was just user error, but then I heard about the other complaints. So now I know it is not user error and Toyota will do nothing to fix this problem. It is a major safety issue, the truck can randomly accelerate when shifting. Toyota needs to address this issue before fatalities occur.

- , Alpharetta, GA, USA