3.8

2009 Toyota Tacoma body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Toyota Tacoma:

2009 Toyota Tacoma Owner Comments

Sep 012013

Tacoma

The paint is peeling off the cab of my Tacoma, even though I wash it frequently and wax it. It is faded and now starting to rust due to the paint peeling and coming off the top of the cab. I have tried everything to stop this, but nothing seems to work, and seems to be poor quality paint or workmanship. I have seen several vehicles of the same year as mine with the same issues.

- Silver City, NM, USA

Sep 292015

Tacoma

Purchase new a 2009 Toyota Tacoma from Toyota of scranton-vehicle final payment for our truck was Oct 2012. The truck has not missed an appointment at Toyota of scranton (they always maintained the vehicle). We took the truck for inspection at Toyota of scranton in September (yearly inspection) the truck failed inspection with regards to rust spots at frame of truck. Toyota did not pass the truck for inspection and told us to go to a local welding company and have it welded "superior welding co." I have been in touch with corporate and manufacture regarding this issue. They are working on case. I fear for other motorist who may have it welded by others or not welded and it be unsafe on the highway/roads. The truck was at dealership when told of issue. Toyota recalled 2008 trucks for rusted frames (dana manufacture) - a Toyota Tacoma rusted frames lawsuit filed in Arkansas. I have spoken to 14 people + 3 supervisors, it is now in the hands of a "field technician specialist". they told me the decision with now go outside the regional office.

- Clifford Township, PA, USA

Oct 162013

Tacoma

The contact owns a 2009 Toyota Tacoma. The contact stated that the frame and carriage were rusted. In addition, the spare tire was rusted. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 21,062.

- Toms River, NJ, USA

Oct 202011

Tacoma 6-cyl

After purchasing the vehicle, in Sept 2011, I had my truck for only a few weeks and I was driving and hit a small bump and heard as well as felt a loud thump coming from the steering column area, I also noticed my bed was moving a little as well. I brought the truck into the dealership as soon as I heard the issue, but the dealership said they didn't hear or feel anything. Now when I hit any bump (big/small) I can literally see the bed on my truck move in my side mirrors, the issues are progressing and my truck is still under warranty and I want these issues fixed asap, esp since its still under warranty. Extremely harsh ride, and feeling unsafe to drive, needs to be fixed asap.

- Watertown, MA, USA

Nov 142012

Tacoma

The rubber strip running fore - aft on the cab of the truck came off during driving. The rubber strip could have landed on the windshield of a fellow motorist and caused an accident. This could be an anomaly, however, the same thing happened to my son's Toyota 2005 four runner. I recommend at least a cursory investigation.

- Wahiawa, HI, USA

Jan 022012

Tacoma 6-cyl

The daytime running lights have melted and cracked the lens/plastic. These are also used as front end turn signals. If these fail, it could be a major safety hazard. While there is a tsb, the dealership denied to pay for replacements since my 36K warranty has now expired. This is not something that just started to happen and Toyota is aware of the problem.

- Cary, NC, USA

Jun 092012

Tacoma 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2009 Toyota Tacoma. The contact stated that while driving 45 mph, the foot rest next to the clutch snapped and detached from the vehicle. The piece that came off, fell behind the her foot, causing a disruption in operating the vehicle properly. The dealer was notified and informed the contact that they could provide no assistance. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure and current mileages were 19,200. Updated 07/17/12

- Palm Desert, CA, USA