2011 Toyota Tacoma steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Toyota Tacoma:

2011 Toyota Tacoma Owner Comments

Mar 172015

My horn does not work when I press on the steering wheel unless I turn the wheels to the right or to the left then it will work. I took in my truck to the Toyota dealer and they told me this is not covered under the warrantee and that they will have to charge me $130 to look at it. I told them that this is a safety issue. When I am driving and something happens and I have to beep someone I cannot do that no matter how much I press on the steering wheel. I bought this car new. I owned other cars before but this is the first time I drove a car with no horn. To me it seems to be a manufacturer issue I believe Toyota should repair this at no charge.

- Morton Grove, IL, USA

Apr 152014

The steering is very stiff. Very uncomfortable to drive. Constantly feels like you're fighting it. For instance going down the interstate in a slight curve, feels like pulls back. Very stiff steering, especially when turning. Looked up similar complaints online. From what I read, it appears to be possible the intermediate steering shaft. From the descriptions I've read, it's a poor design. Maybe needs some protection from the elements. Like a rubber boot to protect it from the elements. Just very stiff steering and difficult to steer.

- Mt. Holly, NC, USA

Oct 012011

On 10/1/2011 while driving 40 mph on dry pavement, slight curve, pu beep in dash as it went into oncoming lane to left quick, I hit brakes "clunk" took both hands to pull to right and off the road. Felt like power steering went or lost a wheel. Would of hit someone head on if was meeting a car or truck. No cell service, so decided to slowly turn around, and try to get home==1 mi. Or less. Parked. Called dealership, they said they would have towed, but if they find nothing I have to pay. I drove up tues., they said nothing wrong. Probably leveling--because I put a 3" lift on it. I now am afraid to drive my new pu. 2,600 mi. They said they put on machine, but no print out as it showed nothing wrong"???"

- Bandon, OR, USA