5.4

2013 Toyota Tacoma miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Toyota Tacoma:

2013 Toyota Tacoma Owner Comments

Oct 082016

Tacoma

2013 Tacoma, from parked position, started truck, release parking brake, foot on brake pedal, shifted to drive, accelerated, move about 5-10 feet truck acted as if brakes had been applied, would not move. I placed truck in park position shifted to drive and proceeded as normal. This happened two more times that same day about 20 minutes apart.

- Frankfort, KY, USA

Aug 302016

Tacoma

Sun visor holding mechanism has broken internally. This causes the visor to flop down blocking my vision. There is no stable position that does not block about a third of the windshield. This failure is common on several automotive forums on the web. It has been that way as far back as 2008. This is long standing safety problem in Toyota vehicle. Perhaps Toyota could be encouraged to deal with it.

- Fresno, CA, USA

Jan 082016

Tacoma

My horn stopped working and when I took my truck to the dealer he said that it was the clock spring cable inside of the steering wheel. The service agent daniel arviza at North bakersfield Toyota in bakersfield California advised me that if I didn't get it fixed that the airbag could fail to deploy in the case of an accident. This seems like a important part of the truck to fail after only 3 years. I bought the truck new from the dealership and the warranty has expired. It's going to cost almost 500 dollars, but because it is a safety issue I have no choice but to have the part replaced.

- Bakersfield, CA, USA

Apr 012014

Tacoma

My 2013 Toyota Tacoma 4X4 trd's front wheels attempt to lock up one at a time at highway speeds. It's like I'm tapping just one of my front brakes. If I'm not holding the steering wheel the truck will veer off the road. Beaverton Toyota has replaced the wheel bearing, hub and a wheel sensor, calibrated the steering sensor and realigned it. I believe the reason the alignment was so far off is due to the stress of just one front wheel locking up repeatedly at highway speeds. This has been going on over a year now and beaverton Toyota has not been able to resolve this problem. This only has happened on straight stretches of highway above 65mph and occurs more often on hot days.

- Beaverton , OR, USA

May 062015

Tacoma

Driving to work traveling at between 55-60 I was going around a slight curve my foot was on the accelerator and out of no where the ABS or stability control or something caused my truck to slam on the brakes causing the front to dive down and a temporary loss of control. No crash just spooked. I drive the route every day the same way never had this happen before. The skid indicator was flashing but no noticeable skid. I am sensitive to that feeling and there was none detected prior to this happening.

- Pawling, NY, USA