2013 Toyota Tacoma seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Toyota Tacoma:

2013 Toyota Tacoma Owner Comments

Sep 262015

Tacoma

"takata recall" possible: Driving northbound in the left lane on a clear day, no cars in front of me or next to me. I was driving on a city street in hollywood California. Visibility was clear around 4:00 P.M in the afternoon. I noticed a car making a left turn in front of me. I had no time to break, could not believe this driver had initiated a left turn. I immediately veered into the right lane to avoid hitting the car that had made a left turn in front of me. The driver hit me instead on the front left corner of my Toyota Tacoma truck, sending me head on into two parked cars. I suffered a concussion and a broken right hand. I noticed after the accident that neither the driver side air bag nor the passenger side air bag did not deploy. Los angeles police department concluded that I was not at fault. Driver initiated a 21801(a) vc-unsafe left turn in front of me. I still suffer from the accident and my hand is not the same.

- Sierra Madre, CA, USA

Jan 082016

Tacoma

My horn stopped working and when I took my truck to the dealer he said that it was the clock spring cable inside of the steering wheel. The service agent daniel arviza at North bakersfield Toyota in bakersfield California advised me that if I didn't get it fixed that the airbag could fail to deploy in the case of an accident. This seems like a important part of the truck to fail after only 3 years. I bought the truck new from the dealership and the warranty has expired. It's going to cost almost 500 dollars, but because it is a safety issue I have no choice but to have the part replaced.

- Bakersfield, CA, USA

Dec 182015

Tacoma

We hit black ice and spun flipped into a ditch onto the passenger side of the truck airbag deployed on the passenger side the airbag caught on fire catching the whole truck on fire.

- Commodore, PA, USA

Oct 012012

Tacoma 4-cyl

Noticed that airbag warning light was coming on randomly. Sometimes it came on at startup and other times it would come on while I was driving. Unable to make the light come on, but once it comes on it stays on until the engine is turned off. Sometimes it would not come on for 3-4 days.

- West Orange, TX, USA