2015 Toyota Tacoma body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Toyota Tacoma:

2015 Toyota Tacoma Owner Comments

Oct 302015

Tacoma

The first time I heard the whistling sound I thought it was coming from the passenger side mirror while I was driving over 55 mph on the highway. Then I heard same whistling sound coming from the drivers side mirror the next time I was on highway going over 55 mph. Then it came from both sides of pickup and sounded like noise coming from both outside mirrors on front of my truck. I researched online and found others who reported similar noise while driving pickup at highway speeds. I called the dealer where I bought my Toyota Tacoma in August of 2015 and the service center representative, alan advised me that to date there was no recall but they were aware of the problem and would try to do something to alleviate the noise from front area of the pickup.

- Dallas, TX, USA

Feb 262016

Tacoma

The contact owns a 2015 Toyota Tacoma. When the driver side window was wet, it made a loud squealing noise and extreme moisture accumulated in the door well. The dealer diagnosed and repaired the vehicle twice, but the failure recurred. The VIN was not available. The approximate failure mileage was 6,500.......updated 04/01/16

- Shamokin, PA, USA

Oct 242015

Tacoma

I recently bought a 2015 Toyota Tacoma and straight off the back I noticed that the tired were not in good condition under specific circumstances. If there were some loose dirt or gravel on the road the tire would not grip causing me to slip for a split second. Ignoring the warning signs of my split second slips here and there I decided to go out in the rain with 4 wheel drive on. I felt confident because I have had many Tacoma's before and I trust Toyota. Low and behold I hydroplaned on an empty highway and crashed into the wall at 60 mph completely totaling my truck. Baffled by the incident I recounted my steps to see if I was at fault. Two hands on the wheel, gps on my phone, no car in sight and I'm the only one on the road. A little puddle on the highway almost cost me my life. I still love Toyota and I bought a 2016 Tacoma but I will say do not trust the 2015 stock Tacoma tires because it has no grip.

- Houston, TX, USA

Feb 062015

Tacoma 6-cyl

I just bought this Toyota Tacoma prerunner trd off road trim, at longo Toyota, el monte, ca and I am very dissatisfied with the quality of product I bought at that dealership I should have looked around or gone to where I always go cerritos auto square. The trucks rear lift gate only closes from the right side and the left side remains opens I need to slam it shut so it can completely close, but then when I open it the lift gate opens with force from the left side it's pops open it doesn't open like it should. Also the front Toyota emblem on the grill is loose not tight like it should be and to finalize this complaint the space between the hood and chrome piece that goes around the font grill it is uneven, this is disappointing. I went from a Honda to a Toyota but it's not starting out well. My main concern is the rear lift gate that won't close from the left side maybe the lift gate is crooked.

- Los Angeles , CA, USA