2015 Toyota Tacoma brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Toyota Tacoma:

2015 Toyota Tacoma Owner Comments

Apr 282016

Tacoma

Took truck in for 25,000 maintenance, dealership said brakes are 50% remaining. At 30,000 miles breaks are metal to metal, dealership refused to tow or do repairs and now are stating I declined towing and repairs.vehicles has been in a wreck, I believe the result of the brakes.called dealership 6 times trying to get repairs done correctly but never received a call back.I believe they committed fraud in maintenance and negligence and telling me the vehicle was safe to drive. Vehicle is still under factory warranty.

- Soulsbyville, CA, USA

Mar 062016

Tacoma

My stepson was pulling into the driveway, he stopped, then the Toyota Tacoma lunged forward crashing into our garage. I had noticed since leasing the truck in July of 2015, that once in a while I would come to a stop and it felt like I just got rear ended but nobody was behind me.

- Merced, CA, USA

Dec 092015

Tacoma

Sitting at a dead cold stop. After approximately 3 minutes - brakes just released with me standing on the pedal - allowing me to roll into the vehicle in front of me. My vehicle impacted the rear of the vehicle in front of me at approximately 5mph. I was literally screaming and standing on the brake pedal - zero effect. I felt no loss of hydraulic pressure or mechanical feedback through the pedal at anytime. It's as if the calipers all just released with me on the pedal the whole time.

- Rockwall, TX, USA

Jun 052015

Tacoma

The contact owns a 2015 Toyota Tacoma. While driving approximately 10 mph, the brake pedal was depressed and the vehicle continued to accelerate. The emergency brake was engaged however, the vehicle slightly scraped the concrete driveway wall. There was no personal injury. There was minor damage to the front bumper. The vehicle was taken to the dealer, who replaced both the brake actuator and master cylinder. The bumper was not replaced. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 9,000.

- Dana Point , CA, USA

Jan 202015

Tacoma

On multiple occasions the ABS system appears to be overly sensitive, causing extremely low braking power. This is beyond the normal characteristics of ABS systems in other cars. The system virtually eliminates any ability to slow or stop the vehicle. Even when a single wheel has lost traction, all wheels will be pulsed to the point of no braking power. Many others with several model years of trucks have the same issues. Some have disabled the system and experienced better braking. Even though steering control may be improved, in this truck, stopping power has been virtually eliminated.

- Commerce City, CO, USA