2015 Toyota Tacoma seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Toyota Tacoma:

2015 Toyota Tacoma Owner Comments

Jan 142016

Takata recall -- I was involved in a front end auto collision yesterday, I was going on speeds in excess of 45mph when I struck a car that had cut me off, my car became completely inoperable. The airbags had not deployed which makes me feel there is a safety issue involved with the vehicle. The vehicle I had struck was going roughly 10mph. The framing of my car is completely bend and most of the force was excreted towards the engine on the passenger side of the my 2015 Tacoma.

- Orlando, FL, USA

Oct 242015

I recently bought a 2015 Toyota Tacoma and straight off the back I noticed that the tired were not in good condition under specific circumstances. If there were some loose dirt or gravel on the road the tire would not grip causing me to slip for a split second. Ignoring the warning signs of my split second slips here and there I decided to go out in the rain with 4 wheel drive on. I felt confident because I have had many Tacoma's before and I trust Toyota. Low and behold I hydroplaned on an empty highway and crashed into the wall at 60 mph completely totaling my truck. Baffled by the incident I recounted my steps to see if I was at fault. Two hands on the wheel, gps on my phone, no car in sight and I'm the only one on the road. A little puddle on the highway almost cost me my life. I still love Toyota and I bought a 2016 Tacoma but I will say do not trust the 2015 stock Tacoma tires because it has no grip.

- Houston, TX, USA

May 142015

The contact owns a 2015 Toyota Tacoma. While driving approximately 65 mph, the contact rear ended the preceding vehicle. All the frontal and side air bags deployed and there were no injuries. A police report was filed. The other vehicle was drivable, but the contact's vehicle had to be towed. The vehicle was destroyed. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 5,000.

- New Bedford, MA, USA

May 212015

There are no open recalls, but I would like to know if we have takata airbags in our truck,

- Yuma, AZ, USA