2016 Toyota Tacoma accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Toyota Tacoma:

2016 Toyota Tacoma Owner Comments

Jun 242016

Toyota is reportedly using a new windshield for the 2016 Tacoma line, asserting better acoustical insulating qualities. A long crack across the windshield quickly developed within hours after parking the truck in the parking lot of my employer, and has continued to branch off in several directions since appearing, thus compromising the windshield's structural integrity and safe visibility in bright sunlight. There are no chips, web cracks or evidence of any impacts such as those obtained from stray highway rocks or debris (crack begins at the base of the glass, close the center). Upon receiving a quote for replacement at a nearby repair shop, I noticed another 2016 Tacoma that was reportedly in queue for the same repair. I have since discovered that an alarming amount of new owners of the 2016 model of Tacoma have been experiencing the same issue with cracks that seemingly develop "on their own", leading me to believe that there possibly might be issues related to the quality, design, or manufacture/installation of the windshields. I am hesitant to replace the glass with a matching oem unit.

- Splendora, TX, USA

Jan 102016

Windshield cracked 2 weeks after purchasing the truck. Had to pay $500 deductible through my insurance, windshield from Toyota cost $1,000. Next issue is my transmission slipping when shifting from reverse to drive. Took it into the dealership and they found the transmission to be low, they topped it off and it's still lagging when shifting. Miss the engine in my 2012 2nd gen. Come on Toyota!!!!

- Las Vegas, NV, USA

Apr 262016

Driving down the highway I had a small rock come up and hit my windshield, I didn't notice any rock chip but I woke up the next morning and there was a 10 inch crack in the glass, the same thing happened with my mom's 2016 Tacoma.

- Sheridan, OR, USA

Dec 272015

I had this truck less than 2 weeks with around 500 miles on it and the windshield cracked due to a pebble hitting it at a fairly low speed. The windshield seems to be especially fragile in the 2016 Tacoma as I have had multiple rocks hit my windshield at higher speeds and never had it crack so easily. I have also found that many other 2016 Tacoma owners are experiencing the same issue.

- Powhatan, VA, USA

Dec 042015

The windshield cracked after the first pebble hit it on the interstate. I was in a construction zone doing about 50 mph. While this sounds like a normal issue, this happened 200 miles after getting the vehicle. I traded in my 2009 Tacoma which had been hit hundreds of times on this same stretch of road. I didn't think too much of it until I went to the auto glass repair place and discovered mine was the 3rd 2016 Tacoma that week for the same issue. Further research revealed that the 2016 went to a new multi-layered glass that cuts down on noise. I think this contributed to the windshield damage. While a minor chip may have been the result if it had happened with an older version windshield.

- Tucker, GA, USA