2016 Toyota Tacoma suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Toyota Tacoma:

2016 Toyota Tacoma Owner Comments

Mar 012016

The contact owns a 2016 Toyota Tacoma. While driving various speeds, the vehicle failed to remain in position. In addition, the contact had to put extra effort into turning the vehicle. The failure recurred on numerous occasions. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The contact spoke with an independent mechanic who stated that the shocks needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 9.

- Ocala, FL, USA

Nov 302015

On 11/23/15 I was able to take possession of the vehicle. On 11/24/15 I got into the vehicle to crank it up when the vehicle's warning lights of brake, ABS warning to check the antiżlock brake system and check brake system and the antiskid/traction lights came on at approximate 110 miles. I immediately called the dealership and was told that it would not hurt the vehicle to drive it and that it was safe. I was told that it was probably just a fuse by a salesperson, who allegedly talked to one of the master technicians about the situation. On 11/30/15 I also reported that the cruise control was also not working to the service department when I arrive at the dealership. The vehicle was diagnosed with a bad left rear speed sensor at 185 miles and again that the vehicle was safe to drive. On 12/04/15 at 334 miles the sensor was replaced. As I was going home on the interstate highway and less than 10 miles away, the same lights and warning readouts came back on. I immediately turned the vehicle around and proceeded back to the dealership. On my way back to the dealership while slowing down, a loud metallic banging/rattle could be heard coming from the rear end. When I got back to the dealership, I explained the same symptoms happened again as before and that now clanging/rattle in the rear end had developed to the service manager. At approximately 4:00P.M., I received a call from the service department and was told that a rear wheel bearing was not installed correctly from the factory, that it had done some damage and that the parts were ordered. I expressed my concerns about possible other damage such as the brakes, tire, sensors or the rear housing and safety of the vehicle.

- Wytheville, VA, USA