4.0

1997 Toyota Tercel accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1997 Toyota Tercel:

1997 Toyota Tercel Owner Comments

Feb 022009

Tercel CE 1.5L 4-cylinder

On a morning of a cold winter day I tried opening the driver's door and the thing came off in my hands. I noticed someone else had the same gripe.

Also, I've noticed at least 3 other vehicles in my town of 130,000 people with the same problem. Each time I notice it I see that it's the same break exactly. A little chunk of plastic remains with a majority of the handle missing.

Luckily enough, but still annoying, is the fact that I can still marginally open my door with the remaining nub. It's just not a big enough deal to try and get it fixed.

- , Cambridge, Ontario, Canada