2002 Toyota Tundra brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Toyota Tundra:

2002 Toyota Tundra Owner Comments

Jun 042007

Tundra 4WD 8-cyl

I have a 2002 Toyota Tundra with a braking problem. I have had a vibration in the truck when breaking since we bought it new. I brought this problem to the attention of the two local Toyota dealers, they both said that there wasn't anything wrong with the brakes. I just recently replaced the brakes and had the rotors turned. This did not help. It still vibrates and the brakes are spongy. I again talked to my local dealer and they finally said that they new that there was a problem with the brakes and it is very expensive to fix. Of course they told me this after the warranty ran out. I have seen many other posts on this same issue, I believe an investigation is in order.

- Eugene, OR, USA