2002 Toyota Tundra transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Toyota Tundra:

2002 Toyota Tundra Owner Comments

Jun 092009

I find it interesting that my 2002 Toyota may be recalled due to the spare tire mounting being rusted. I have been very disappointed with this truck since the gas tank the rear differential cover and fuel lines have rusted through. I bought this vehicle due to the Toyota reliability reputation. Would you please review the frequency of rust on these areas and issue what ever recalls appropriate.

- Ashley Falls, MA, USA

Jul 122006

Tundra 4WD 8-cyl

Thank you for taking the time to tell us of your experience with the transmission on your husband's 2002 Toyota Tundra. I read your E-mail with great interest. As you know, monitoring and promoting both the quality and safety of automobiles is an integral part of our mission. We value your help in this effort. You have provided us with important feedback on the 2002 Toyota Tundra, for which I thank you. Because of this, I have personally forwarded your E-mail to our auto test and editorial staff for their review and consideration for our future reports. I am sure that they, too, will find your E-mail to be of value. You may also want to share your experiences with the following organizations, which may be able to provide you with information and/or offer assistance: Center for auto safety, 2001 S. street, nw, ste. 410, Washington, DC 20009-1160. The case compiles information on defective automobiles, ranging from transmissions problems to paint problems. If you wish, you may send them a letter sharing your experiences with them. Should they have any information on your particular automobile, they will forward it to you, along with helpful information and advice within 10 days from date of receipt of their letter. They ask, but do not require, a $.60 sase to help keep their costs down. Or, you can visit their website at National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 400 seventh street, sw, Washington, DC 20590, 1-800-424-9393 or 1-202-366-0123. The NHTSA assures compliance by domestic and foreign motor vehicle and equipment manufacturers with motor vehicle safety standards, automobile recalls, and airline problems. You may wish to visit their website at thanks again for your interest in

- Madison, VA, USA