1.4

2002 Toyota Tundra wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Toyota Tundra:

2002 Toyota Tundra Owner Comments

Apr 162012

Tundra

My first issue was 3 years ago when my muffler was so rusted away I felt something dragging pulled over and seen my muffler had fall almost off hanging there. The next year I pulled into my work and all my studs on my tire broke and my tire and rim went one way and me and the truck went other way. Now my brakes keep sticking then they finally just stopped working all together after replacing pads. I have went thur 3 sets of tires in 4 years. I have it in the shop and they are saying my brake lines are completely corroded and falling apart.

- Mt. Pleasant, UT, USA

Jul 102015

Tundra

Took the truck in for recall inspection of rear as per recall notice #bxd ssc. Was told by sunnyside Toyota that the rear part was fine but the other part of frame is badly corroded. They/and the Toyota manufacturer said that this portion of frame is not covered under recall. Estimate of repair cost $15,000. Remarks on vehicle inspection report: 99 front section of frame has a large hole that we feel is getting to the point of being dangerous/not part of bxd campaign

- Olmsted Falls, OH, USA

Jun 122015

Tundra 4WD 8-cyl

I was driving down the street and the spare tire fell off. It actually caused the truck to bounce up slightly. Luckily the tire did not contact any other vehicles. Thing to note: My truck was part of the frame corrosion recall issued by Toyota. At the time, they did not replace the frame but only covered the rust with some coating. That did not stop nor slow the rust. The "band aid" they used was insufficient at solving the problem, it only covered it temporarily.

- West Liberty, OH, USA

Apr 012002

Tundra 4WD

Consumer states that the steel wheels on the vehicle have started to rust. Contacted dealer and consumer was able to reach a deal on new alloy wheels. Nlm

- North Field, MA, USA