CarComplaints.com Notes: A dependable pickup option that does have a slight history of frame corrosion. Even though mud looks cool on a truck, it's best if you run this through the car wash every now and again.

1.5

2003 Toyota Tundra seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Toyota Tundra:

2003 Toyota Tundra Owner Comments

Dec 052008

Tundra

I have a 2003 Toyota Tundra access cab. I recently was putting my 5 year-old daughter into their back seat and she put her hand up to stabilize herself and the entire front passenger side safety belt harness and casing which is supposed to be permanently attached to the frame came complete off of the frame. There was no undue stress put on the harness or casing and no pressure was applied. There is now a hole where the bolt was once permanently attached to the frame. I called my local dealership for the sake of convenience and made an appointment for 12-12-08 at 8:30 am. They said it would take about an hour. I took it in and the service guy was very kert and said that it would take a minimum of 3 hours and cost $104. Finding this unacceptable, I told him I did not feel I should pay to have a basic part of the car's safety looked at. I can understand if it is a diagnostic test. But it is a safety belt! my other safety belt on the drivers side creeks which makes me wonder if there is something wrong with that one as well. I am glad I did not find out the passenger side safety belt was defective during the course of an accident. Any assistance and/or guidance you can give on this important matter would be greatly appreciated. I have contacted Toyota as well who told me that it is a warranty issue and it is out of warranty.

- Acampo, CA, USA