2005 Toyota Tundra fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Toyota Tundra:

2005 Toyota Tundra Owner Comments

Jun 012015

Secondary injection pump trigger a limp mode which is extremely dangerous on the highway. Toyota has extended the warranty on all vehicle except the 2005, 2006, 2007 which have the exact same air pumps installed. This repair is costing Toyota owners in excess of $3,000 with vehicles having having less the 100K miles. This is obviously an emission issue that Toyota should address, the U.S. has made VW responsible for there shortcomings I think Toyota should be held accountable.

- Matthews, NC, USA

May 232015

I filled my gas tank (17 gallons), drove about 4 miles and was pulling into a parking lot when I heard a grinding sound, I looked under the truck and saw the straps holding my gas tank had snapped in half and my gas tank was laying on the ground. I had recently recieved a limited service campaign letter from Toyota notifiying me that "vehicles operated in cold climates with high road salt use may exhibit more-than-normal corrosion to the vehicles frame" "which may contribute to the development of more than normal rust in the frame of some vehichles". the dealership ordered new gas straps and also did the inspection which resulted in the under carriage being re-sprayed with a corrosion-resistant compound. I contacted thetoyota customer experience center at the dealerships urging and was told this was my fault, if I had brought my truck in for regular maintenance it would have been discovered and repaired. I have owned many vehicles and never had a gas tank fall off. My concern is this could have been at minimum an environmental disaster or at maximum an explosion could have occured.

- Traverse City, MI, USA

Dec 292014

I bought my truck new and had every scheduled maintenance performed. The secondary air injection system has failed and the truck is in limp mode and will not drive or pass emissions. I have been told the repair is around 3500 and the dealer nor Toyota corporation will take responsibility for the faulty part. Even though they know it has been a problem for years and they extended the warranty on 2007 thru 2010 models which use the same parts. I am trying to take legal action to get some resolution.

- Collegeville, PA, USA

Dec 222014

I noticed a gas leak under the vehicle. Technician told me it is dangerous to drive the vehicle with gas leak. Dealer refuses to repair it as he claims that it is not manufacturer's defect.

- Temple Hills, MD, USA

Nov 032012

Quoted for almost 4000 to fix this manifold air injection manifold. Researched online and found out it to be a common problem with this car due defect. I don't understand why they recalled 2007 and newer but not the older ones which seems to have the same problem. I hope your Agency can assist us with this issue.

- Brookville, FL, USA