2.7

2006 Toyota Tundra body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Toyota Tundra:

2006 Toyota Tundra Owner Comments

Sep 022016

Tundra

The contact owns a 2006 Toyota Tundra. When the vehicle was taken to the dealer for routine service, the technician stated that the subframe was corroded and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 210,000.

- Oconomowoc, WI, USA

Apr 012014

Tundra

The contact owns a 2006 Toyota Tundra. The contact received a voluntary recall regarding the subframe corrosion. The vehicle was taken to the dealer. The technician sprayed a coating to prevent the subframe from rusting more; however, the remedy failed to repair the vehicle. The contact stated that the coating was separating from the vehicle. The vehicle was taken back to the dealer multiple times. The technician informed the contact that they would not provide further assistance and stated that the frame would continue to rust. The manufacturer was notified. The voluntary recall number was unknown. The failure mileage was 70,000.

- Narrowsburg, NY, USA

Dec 182009

Tundra

In December 2009 while driving our 2006 Toyota Tundra, my wife and I began to feel a strange motion coming from the rear end of the truck; whenever we came to a full stop, it felt as if we someone hit us in the rear of our vehicle. December 18, 2009 I took the vehicle the Toyota dealer, I was told this is a problem with some Toyota vehicles and they adjusted center support bearing, replaced trans mount and cross member. After picking up my vehicle on January 8, 2010 the problem still existed, I took my vehicle back to the dealer on January 12, 2010 for repairs. The dealer contacted technical support and on February 1, 2010, again, I was told there was nothing else that could be done to my vehicle; this is something that happens to some vehicles. The is yet to be corrected.

- Lawton, OK, USA

Dec 062009

Tundra 8-cyl

2006 Toyota Tundra SR5 V8 4X4 showing early signs of excessive rust on the under side of the vehicle. The welds are showing excessive rust, as is the rear differential and axle. The truck only has 39,000 miles on it and I emailed photos to 3 friends who are mechanics and much more knowledgeable than I am.

- Gahanna, OH, USA

Sep 152009

Tundra

My 2006 Toyota Tundra has frame rust issues. Truck is less than 3 years old. Took delivery of brand new truck on January 27, 2007. Now where my truck is parked in the drive way there are major rust stains on the driveway. Again, truck is driven in northern Kentucky area, is less than 3 years old, has less than 40,000 miles and is showing signs of rust on frame that are so bad that it is staining the driveway. Notified Toyota today, and will get the truck inspected by a Toyota dealership in the area soon.

- Independence, KY, USA

Apr 262009

Tundra

06 Tundra seen very little mud, mud never sat on for over 24 hrs. Only 21K miles on it N rusting greatly...

- Lexington , SC, USA

Dec 272006

Tundra 8-cyl

This filing is in reference to my 2006 Toyota Tundra SR5 V8 4.7 ltr 10,000 miles. For the past few weeks of driving the above referenced vehicle I started to notice a knocking metal sound under the center console when accelerating and braking... I took no immediate action as I found it to be a very light sound. After a few more days of driving the knock became more noticeable I was more alarmed, when I got home I got under my truck with a flashlight and started to take a look around, after careful inspection I found that 3 of 4 12mm hex bolts on the automatic transmission mount/ crossmember were missing further more the case was that the rear transmission mount located near the driveshaft were loose enough that could be moved with minimal strength with my hand I was able to recover 1 bolt that fell into the crossmember along with a plastic retainer. I quickly tightened the loose bolts and realigned the mount took the truck out for a quick test drive and the sound stopped totally, the next morning I contacted my local Toyota dealer and purchased 2 new hex bolts that came out to $ 3.40. After this U can say that all is now well, I believe this should be looked into as there maybe other similar units out there with the same issue, this could cause major damage to the vehicle and also possible inflict an accident.

- Miami, FL, USA