2006 Toyota Tundra steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Toyota Tundra:

2006 Toyota Tundra Owner Comments

Mar 212008

Tundra 4WD 8-cyl

Just after I did my 30K mile service on my 2006 Toyota Tundra my steering rack failed and took to dealership for repair and they said they would have the district representative look at my problems and he said that their was nothing wrong with my steering and he could hear no loud growling noise. Well 3 days later I carry it back to dealership and they decide the steering rack has now failed and they replaced it. Now only 14 hours after they replaced it is leaking very badly again and is making a growling noise once again. I called the dealership and they said bring it in Monday morning 24 March for the to look at it and see what is going on with it.

- Albuquerque, NM, USA