1.1

2007 Toyota Tundra body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Toyota Tundra:

2007 Toyota Tundra Owner Comments

Feb 082012

Tundra 8-cyl

Hello, two day ago I was pulling put of my condo complex when I noticed a burning plastic smell. After about 20 seconds smoke and very small flames started to pour out of the drivers door panel where the switches are located. There was no major fire damage but the car was filled with smoke and the switch that operates the passenger side front window melted down. I fortunately had some tools nearby so I quickly disconnected the battery cables as it was still arcing and sparking. The only switch that works properly is the drivers side front window. The following day I told my co worker about what happened. Today he showed me the autoblog.com article regarding the story about Toyota window switches catching fire. How do I go about reporting this to you guys or someone else. My truck is a 2007 Toyota Tundra double cab 4.7 V8 2wd trd.

- Carlsbad, CA, USA