2008 Toyota Tundra accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Toyota Tundra:

2008 Toyota Tundra Owner Comments

Apr 112013

Tundra

I tried to install a graco myride 65 rear-facing in a 2008 Toyota Tundra, using latch behind the driver's seat. I attached the hooks of the grey rear-facing latch belt to the latch rings in the truck, and pulled the belt to tighten down the car seat. I was able to get the belt tight, but when I pushed on the car seat to check for movement, the belt loosened completely. I tried several times, and the latch belt would tighten, but it would not stay tight. I notified graco of the issue, and they were unable to send/sell me a replacement grey rear-facing latch strap, so they sent an email with information on how to obtain a rebate if/when I purchased another graco car seat. I can still install the car seat rear-facing using the seat belt, and forward facing using a latch or seat belt install. (related vehicle information: Model year=2008, make=Toyota, model=Tundra).

- Heath, TX, USA