3.1

2008 Toyota Tundra exhaust system problems

exhaust system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Toyota Tundra:

2008 Toyota Tundra Owner Comments

Jul 172011

Tundra 4WD 8-cyl

Emissions valve and related pumps failed causing a significant loss in power. This happened when traveling on the highway in upstate Vermont. Suddenly my truck lost significant power, and would rapidly decelarate everytime I approach a positive grade in the road. Several times during the trip I slowed down faster than cars behind me expected, and the brake lights did not warn them as it was due to the truck losing power, and not me braking. In addition due to the location I was at I was unable to locate a dealer for several miles. When the codes were pulled for the service engine it appeared as code P2442 (secondary air injection pump system switching calve stuck open bnks)

- Ma, MA, USA