2009 Toyota Tundra drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Toyota Tundra:

2009 Toyota Tundra Owner Comments

Aug 192012

I was the operator of the vehicle on my driveway when the engine suddenly accelerated. The accelerator was wide open while I was hard on the brakes. I was able to put the gear shift into park, and once I did the engine stopped its acceleration. I was on hard concrete, thus the rear wheels spun freely without catching traction. The vehicle left roughly 30" of front and rear wheel marks. The vehicle has run normally since the incident.

- Fallbrook, CA, USA

Apr 162009

Tundra 8-cyl

Truck gets a bump after coming to a stop. Sometimes it's gets a really hard bump and sometimes it's just a little bump. I kept thinking I got hit as it is very noticeable. No one seems to know why, but I do know this, it only happens when the A/C is running. I believe it's a computer software problem. It took a couple of years because I found out it only happens when the weather gets warm and I use the A/C. seems like quite a few people are having the same problem and the dealer is saying "I don't know anything" because they can't duplicate the problem, however I seem to be able to duplicate it all the time.

- Saugus, CA, USA

Jun 022009

2009 Toyota Tundra, 5 mos after purchase(5-16-09),my drive shaft replaced, while driving will not change gears will accelerate by itself as if the cruise control is on which is caused the odometer to read incorrectly, (reading 44,000 miles) & use excessive amount of fuel. Several fluid leaks, muffler replaced, transmission will not shift properly when accelerating & when I come to a complete stop it take time before is shift into stop, & electrical problems. Engine light comes on, ticking noise & vibration in the motor. These have codes coming up. My truck need to be replaced because this is causing more problems for the future. One problem leads to another. I was told by ron carter Toyota that I am being unreasonable for wanting my truck fixed right & not to bring it back to there dealer or they will call the police on me for wanting my vehicle replaced because I know I have been deceived & solded a lemon. I was told by the former service manager (now fired) bill crichton that I could look on the Toyota web site & look for the tsb (Toyota service bulletin) to find the info about Tundra's, I have not found that info yet. Please help I am paying for something that is not operating properly or safely. This is my only means of transportation & all I want is a new vehicle with no problems. Thank you.

- Houston, TX, USA