2010 Toyota Tundra brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Toyota Tundra:

2010 Toyota Tundra Owner Comments

Jul 152010

I purchased a 2010 Toyota Tundra new in July 2009. Since that time, the gas pedal issue has been supposedly remedied twice and the floor mats have now been changed out. However, a new issue has begun recently with my vehicle in July 2010. When descending mountain highways, the truck begins to shudder when applying brakes. I do not ride my brakes going down these mountain highways and typically shift down to lower speed. I took my vehicle to the dealership for its quarterly maintenance and explained the issue. The service advisor said I would probably need a brake job and I replied that would be impossible as the vehicle has approximately 15K miles and I am not hard on brakes. I asked that they check the rotors as I thought they might be warped. After the service department checked the vehicle, they found a warped rotor and machined it back to tolerance. A week later, I am driving the same mountain highway when I discovered the issue and it is doing the same exact thing. I believe Toyota has an issue with the brakes and need to be corrected.

- Denver, CO, USA