2010 Toyota Tundra engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Toyota Tundra:

2010 Toyota Tundra Owner Comments

Jan 182016

I bought my 2010 Toyota Tundra brand new in Feb. 2010, during a routine oil change at Toyota dealer recently, engine oil leaking was noticed by the technician. The repair was done to reseal both cam box housings and replaced seals and gaskets that are related. It costed over $1800. Unfortunately, the vehicle just passed the powertrain warranty, since it has been 5 year and 11 months, but the mileage is at 38,000, related low. I have contaced Toyota us headquarter, told them the oil leaking most likely started before 5 years mark, but it was just discovered now. They refused to reimburse the repair cost. The dealer service technician told me that he has seen many Tundra had this oil leak issue, and most of them were within warranty, so there is no recall for this issue so far, I also did research on internet, found other people had this oil leak issue for their 2010 Tundra and 2011 Tundra. I would like NHTSA to investigate this wide spread issue and hopefully let Toyota do a recall for this defect!

- Cedar Park, TX, USA

Nov 252014

Tundra 8-cyl

I was on the highway when the engine stalled, and I barely managed to get my truck to the Toyota of dallas dealership, where I had bought my vehicle. They found that between the valve block and valve there was a ring that had come loose that caused the engine to stall. When the car began to stall I could not control the steering and the brake stopped functioning properly. I am a safe driver and had maintained a safe distance between my car and those in front of me at all times, but the situation I was in was very hazardous because when the engine began to stall it made it very hard for me to manage my vehicle. Because I felt that there was no particular reason for the valves to be damaged, I did some research on the engine myself and found that the Toyota V8 4.6 liter engine is also in the Lexus LS460 and RX460. The engine has already been recalled by Lexus because of issues with loose springs, so I think the sudden damage to my engine may have been caused by the same reason. Is there a possibility that the engine is defective?

- Frisco, TX, USA

Mar 142014

Tundra 8-cyl

Vehicle was traveling in freeway and all of a sudden the A/T oil temp light came on and the vehicle stop right away. Engine and everything stop working. I think this is serious and too dangerous. Hope someone will investigate the issue.

- San Francisco, CA, USA

Jan 272014

Tundra 4-cyl

In slow moving traffic, repetitive light gas and light braking. Noticed the brake becoming difficult to depress. Had my left foot stationary on the foot pad, right foot over the brake while rolling forward. Started to drop my right foot on brake as vehicle slowed in front of me and engine suddenly accelerated rapidly as if to full throttle. Pressed on the brake as hard as I could, engine redlined and rear tires started spinning. Popped it in neutral and within a second the engine stopped accelerating out of control. Floor mats were not interfering with any pedals on my immediate inspection after incident. Incident caught on dash/windshield camera.

- Wilmington, MA, USA